Seeking an Enterprise Architect to be an active member of client project teams for our top-tier industry clients. You will contribute towards the success of our clients in implementing technology disruption inside their organizations. You will help unite client systems and platforms across business goals, policies, and procedures. You will help clients understand their assets, skills, and resources, IT processes, business strategies and other internal functions then lead the implementations that will increase sustainability and prepare the client for future expansion with minimal friction. You will talk to business stakeholders and vendors, explore technology solutions and, prepare architectural prototypes and models for each aspect of the engagement and lead client and internal business teams and senior executives to establish action plans and to measure progress. Your goal is to future-proof our clients’ business as much as possible through technology vision, deployments, planning, and leadership in new technology and business practices. You will be encouraged to continue to develop your skills, share your knowledge with team members and peers and effectively lead a project stream on a project.
A successful Enterprise Architect is highly adaptable, shows strong initiative, is able to work independently, has a driving desire to grow professionally towards specific goals, and is energized by working in a team environment. This position requires a focus on client success, client-facing skills and a strong understanding of the project lifecycle and software development lifecycle. You must be a self-motivated individual and take pride in delivering high-quality work within a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
- Act as a sales engineer both for new projects and within existing client accounts; assess client requests and propose solutions, estimates, and alternatives
- Provide effort estimates and solution approaches for sales scenarios
- Position solutions and options to client business stakeholders
- Lead development process, solution design and build implementation towards the on-budget, on-time, high-quality delivery of client projects
- Play a direct role in client communications and expectation/scope management
- Understand a client's business and able to dive deeply into technical issues with a focus on solutions
- Lead technical discoveries with clients and internal stakeholders
- Assist in creating both short and long term plans with both internal agency managers and client stakeholders
- Work with project and account managers to build project plans and timelines
- Create architecture models that reflect the scoped strategies, goals and technical needs
- Research new technology, seek vendors and resources that alight with the client’s technical strategies
- Identify ways to increase peer and client-staff knowledge and skills to support future growth both at the agency and client levels
- Provide business-technology architecture and overall technology guidance
- Create and implement a technical vision and plans that align with the client’s timeline
- Lead in the creation of prototypes and proofs-of-concept to quickly learn-validate-iterate
- Contribute to and execute processes and practices towards delivery excellence, team happiness & client satisfaction.
- Supervise, mentor and coach Senior Developers
- Client-facing experience, consultative role (agency or business consulting)
- Extensive experience with enterprise architecture best practices and goals
- Ability to sell technical concepts, sell our team and our capabilities to business stakeholders
- Experience defining and implementing strategies under senior leadership
- Experience developing applications with a focus on business systems, messaging platforms, databases, CRM, ERP, etc.
- Very strong experience with SaaS and cloud-based enterprise solutions
- Excellent leadership, presentation and communication skills
- Experience with requirements gathering and technical documentation
- Application lifecycle management/ Dev Ops
- Architecting source control, continuous delivery, continuous integration, and deployment management for our projects and for clients
- Knowledge of ALM tools (Jira, TeamCity, TFS, Git, etc.)
- Knowledge of agile principles – scrum, backlog, etc.
- Self-directed, dynamic and excellent problem-solving skills
- Ability to learn from all projects, both successes, and failures, while retaining a positive attitude towards learning from past mistakes
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, systems management, or business management with a technology focus