MACH Composable Architect
What we are looking for:
As one of the co-founders of the MACH Alliance, we are strong believers in MACH, composable architectures, and multi-head approaches for enterprise-grade digital (commerce) solutions. Because we experience an overwhelming interest and demand for these services from clients, we are therefore looking to grow our global and local teams to join us on this exciting journey.
He/She/They is a passionate senior technologist and have hands-on experience with composable, Best-of-Breed SaaS, cloud-native, and distributed technology solutions
- Play an active and hands-on role in supporting our global organization in delivering composable solutions that exceed the expectations of our enterprise clients.
- Direct and architect composable architectures, relying on MACH (Microservices based, API-first, Cloud-native SaaS and Headless) principles, for strategic clients.
- Support our teams (primarily teams in your own region) in selling, guiding, and delivering solutions that exceed the expectations of our clients. You like being the source of guidance and steering for our teams and, if necessary, engaging with clients to direct the program. A significant part of your time will be client faced and billable to clients.
- Have a well-developed business sense, and you understand what success looks like for our clients. That means you can translate your technical knowledge into business solutions with a positive impact on our client's business.
- As a member of the global team, you want to support, educate, and architect on our most strategic composable Best-of-Breed client engagements across the agency.
- Deploy your experience and hands-on understanding, of technology adhering to MACH principles, to both operate at a development lead and architect level.
- Help solidify Valtech as a thought leader through numerous opportunities to present at conferences, do content creation, and be an active player in the wider community, both internally as well as externally.
- Play an active role in our Valtech Global Craft Circle (our global Community of Practice). We see this role being a natural member of its inner circle, helping define the way we support and continuously improve our approach to working with the MACH principles at scale.
- Initiate and lead mentorship and knowledge-building activities within Valtech and in client engagements too.
- A MSc in engineering or similar and at least 10 years of relevant working experience.
- Experience from working in an agency/consulting business like Valtech would be an advantage.
- An experienced and senior technical professional with an entrepreneurial spirit and maker mentality, who thrives with and is not scared of getting “your hands dirty” when engaging deeply in client engagements if that’s what it takes to get things done right.
- Proven background in architecting, implementing, leading, and delivering enterprise-scale projects/programs adhering to all (or a subset) of the principles behind MACH (Microservices based, API-first, Cloud-native SaaS, and Headless).
- Proven cloud-native and serverless experience, preferably via Azure, AWS, or GCP.
- Hands-on experience with technology fully adhering to the principles of MACH (Microservices based, API-first, Cloud-native SaaS, and Headless), to establish a first amongst equals for your peers.
- A team player with great knowledge and understanding of the key platform players in the space of composable best-of-breed technology, most importantly: commerce tools, Contentful, Contentstack, Fluent, and Amplience
- Experience in leading and growing technology teams and services
- Strong personal belief in “getting things done right” with the ability to make effective decisions and see them through
- Flexibility and ability to adjust on the fly to new demands and business environments as well as a sense of urgency
- Strong interpersonal, communication, intercultural, and people skills are required for working with internal teams as well as client teams across different locations and cultures with success.
- Assertiveness, directness, and a “company first” mentality.
- A person who wants to join a company full of diverse, intelligent, and talented people and wants to shake things up a bit and fill their days with problem-solving, new and innovative solutions, and phenomenal client projects.
- Ability and willingness to travel - you can expect roughly 25% of your time to be away from home
Here’s a little about us:
Valtech is a global digital agency that focuses on business transformation for our clients. Founded in 1993, Valtech has established itself as one of the largest independent global agency groups with more than 5,000 exceptional individuals operating out of 51+ offices in 19 countries. We work with some of the world’s best-known brands from travel to retail, connected experiences to automotive and we’re now ready to bring on even more talented colleagues to join us.