At Valtech, data science, analytics & platforms are key components of the strategic relationships we want to establish with our clients. To date, we have built a set of in-house capabilities boasting 100+ data consultants, engineers & analysts distributed across Europe, the UK and North America, including Valtech_eCapacity.
With strength, success and key relationships in (e)/commerce strategy, data platform and marketing automation consulting, media and campaign analytics & digital experience, we are now hiring for our first Managing Director to unite and lead the newly minted Valtech Data Service Line.
As MD for the Valtech Data Service Line, you will:
- Work to group all primary data capabilities under a transversal P&L, establishing one leadership with a strong growth ambition for two distinct areas: data science & analytics on one hand, and data engineering & platforms (CDP) on the other
- Take full ownership of and run this part of Valtech's business, redefining the Valtech data offering, re-positioning and embedding this function at the heart of all that we do from pitch to product
- Aim to scale the business - both in terms of data revenue (x2-3 in the next 2 years) - and the impact of data on our broader engagement with clients at Valtech
- Ensure our data offering contributes to our overall ability to win new business
As MD Data, you will join Valtech’s European leadership team - reporting to the EVP EMEA - and contribute to Valtech's success as a global business beyond your own domain.
Preferably, you are based in the UK, Germany or France, and are accustomed or suited to frequent travel as a component of the role.
In your professional services career to date, you have (more or less):
- Successfully run a (20+mil EUR) primary data services business - or business line - as growth leader or MD-equivalent, at high growth rates (30%+ p.a.)
- Built long-term large global accounts and trusted relations with Fortune 500 companies, with a focus in one or more of automotive, luxury, retail, FMCG, healthcare, B2B/manufacturing
- Accrued experience and expertise in ecommerce, digital experience platforms, marketing automation and ideally in the integration of M&As
- Built strong and lasting partnerships with technology companies like Adobe, Tealium, Salesforce and Optimizely
- Note: (We are not looking for a media specialist or a data specialist focused on enterprise data - we work mostly with consumer data)
As a professional and a person, you are:
- Client-oriented, a worldly growth leader able to represent technical expertise, define strategy and offerings and take these to senior leaders at Fortune 500 companies. You love client work and winning new business, across cultures and geographies.
- An entrepreneur who thrives in a level of uncertainty and autonomy. You take ownership and execute, managing to keep an organisation focused on global/group strategic priorities, services & objectives; while instilling a positive, robust and daring energy.
- Highly collaborative, and loyal. Navigating a matrixed organization, success will only be realised if Valtech’s data capabilities become an engine for our client and market leaders, and for our partners.
Valtech is on an ambitious journey, and our ever-growing company is where it is today because of the thousands of talented people we have on board.
Recruitment for this role - and initial contact - will be handled by Lawrence van der Merwe. Don't hesitate to reach out. We look forward to hearing from you!