We are looking for a Manual QA Engineer to join our growing global team. Numerous ongoing and new projects – ranging from enterprise content solutions, mobile apps, data services to experience driven enterprise e-commerce, user experience and marketing. Global opportunities to work with different industry verticals: retail & luxury, financial, healthcare, travel & hospitality, automotive, media & entertainment.
The Ideal Candidate
- 3+ years of experience in QA within commercial projects, especially with the manual testing of web-based applications and e-commerce solutions;
- experience with the creation/maintenance of test documentation;
- knowledge of HTML, CSS, and XML;
- strong understanding of working client-server applications;
- clear understanding of the software development lifecycle, including quality assurance process;
- experience in working with requirements;
- strong knowledge of software QA methodologies, processes, and tools;
- experience in Jira, Zephyr/Test Rail and Confluence systems;
- Agile / Scrum experience;
- basic experience with version control systems (CVS / SVN / GIT);
- understanding of the UX testing approach;
- understanding of bug source FE, BE;
- tracking and resolving issues after UAT, acceptance criteria: Bug and CR;
- experience with evaluating test results, reporting, and metrics;
- ability to deal with multiple projects;
- excellent spoken and written English.
- experience working with Selenium WebDriver frameworks;
- using browser tools and add-ons to verify CSS and JS code;
- experience in several types of non-functional testing;
- experience with performance and/or security testing.
You will work in multidisciplinary teams on websites and platforms for our global clients. You will use all sorts of techniques, tools and test cases, depending on the chosen test approach and goal: end-to-end testing, integration testing, regression testing, exploratory testing, etc. Finally, you will get involved in new projects in which you will give advice, and set up the approach to QA for the project on your own or in cooperation with your other QA colleagues. If to be more specific, you will do the following:
- review requirements specifications and technical design documents to provide timely and meaningful feedback;
- create detailed, comprehensive and well-structured test plans and test cases;
- estimate, prioritize, plan, and coordinate testing activities;
- execute Regression, Functional, Exploratory, UI, Integration, and Performance testing;
- work in a QA team to analyze business requirements, report and verify bugs to guarantee the quality of the developed ecommerce solutions;
- manage the testing environment;
- provide support to junior team members;
- run and maintain Test Automation Scripts for regression testing;
- lead and facilitate testing;
- provide updates to the task estimates and the status of your assigned tasks.
As a consultant and as a binding part between developers and our clients, you are expected to develop expertise both in technology and in communicating complex concepts and rationale to non-techies. We’ll encourage and support this with frequent opportunities to share ideas internally. We also have consultants frequently deliver at regional, national and global conferences.
What Balance Means to Us
- a modern office, comfortable work environment, and the best available tools;
- business trips to Europe/US;
- 20 working days of vacation;
- medical insurance;
- sick leave (up to 20 days a year);
- unpaid leave (up to 20 days a year);
- paid days off (2 days);
- private entrepreneur leave (2 days);
- ability to work from home;
- professional internal/external trainings;
- professional certifications coverage - 100%;
- English classes;
- sport hobbies compensation;
- ability to participate in Global Valtech R&D initiatives (AR/VR projects and IoT projects).
Insight into Valtech Ukraine
In Valtech Ukraine our teams are mostly focused on technical delivery of enterprise level projects for Retail, Finance, FMCG and Hospitality verticals. We closely work with our European and other global colleagues to accelerate digital transformations for our clients. We are 200+ consultants and we deliver experiences from Kyiv, Kharkiv, Dnipro, Chernihiv and Chernivtsi.