Projects you will be working on are based on the latest technologies and provide a lot of freedom to developers in terms of choosing approaches, selecting frameworks, and applying improvements. Projects provide lots of interesting challenges but at the same time without too much distress for the team.
The work will be on new projects as well as on existing non-support projects.
The Ideal Candidate
- 3+ years of experience in front-end development;
- experience in the creation of adaptive/responsive layouts and support of mobile devices;
- excellent knowledge of HTML5/CSS3, LESS/SASS, and BEM methodology;
- understanding of MVC and MVVM patterns;
- experience with version control systems: Git;
- experience with front-end tooling (npm-scripts/Webpack/Gulp/Grunt);
- experience with multi-cultural sites (multi-language solutions);
- excellent spoken and written English.
- experience with building websites using Sitecore platform is a big plus.
As a Frontend Consultant within our company:
- You’re a master of creating cross-browser supported and responsive front-end implementations.
- You have experience with building accessible solutions and have an understanding of SEO, structured markup schemas, and how that impacts your work.
- You know how to implement basic tracking, and you’ve set up front-end tooling with Webpack, or similar build-tool like Parcel, Rollup or Snowpack. As we work with many global clients, you preferably also have knowledge about globalization.
- You understand the server-side of things, have worked with dynamic pages and know your way around calling API’s, consuming the responses (i.e. JSON) they return.
- You know your way around Git and are used to working in teams with multiple branches.
- Experience or understanding of backend programming would be an advantage, and if you really want to get us excited, you’ve also worked with systems like Sitecore, Episerver or AEM.
- In addition to these technical competences, you need to bring an endless thirst for knowledge. You keep up with the latest trends within your digital craft, and you’re always looking to try out new techniques.
- You’re thorough, responsible, independent and yet, you play well with others. A core part of the Valtech concept is being part of cross- disciplinary teams, so you need to be comfortable working with system developers, user experience consultants, designers, concept thinkers and everyone in between.
As a consultant you are expected to develop expertise both in technology and the means to communicate complex concepts and rationale to non-techies. We’ll encourage and support this with frequent opportunities to share ideas internally. We also have consultants frequently deliver at regional, national and global conferences.
What Balance Means to Us
- a modern office, comfortable work environment, and the best available tools;
- business trips to Europe/US;
- 20 working days of vacation;
- medical insurance;
- sick leave (up to 20 days a year);
- unpaid leave (up to 20 days a year);
- paid days off (2 days);
- private entrepreneur leave (2 days);
- ability to work from home;
- professional certifications coverage - 100% (successfully passed);
- English classes;
- sport hobbies compensation;
- ability to participate in Global Valtech R&D initiatives (AR/VR projects and IoT projects).
Insight into Valtech Ukraine
In Valtech Ukraine our teams are mostly focused on technical delivery of enterprise level projects for Retail, Finance, FMCG and Hospitality verticals. We closely work with our European and other global colleagues to accelerate digital transformations for our clients. We are 200+ consultants and we deliver experiences from Kyiv, Kharkiv, Dnipro, Chernihiv and Chernivtsi.