We take the complicated and make it simple. We support our clients in the research, design and marketing of smart digital experiences and interfaces. We develop innovative products.
We’re passionate about digital and we live in the possibilities of the future. We thrive on agility and on constant concern for the end user’s experience.
Valtech’s Mobile Software Engineers develop new and exciting mobile applications that create the freedom to grow and improve for our clients. As a Mobile Software Engineer, you will work on a specific project critical to Valtech’s needs and help our team to continue to innovate mobile technology. We need our engineers to be versatile, display leadership qualities and be enthusiastic to take on new problems across the mobile space as we continue to push the boundaries of the digital revolution.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field
- Understanding of Computer Science fundamentals like object-oriented design, data structures, algorithm design, problem solving, and complexity analysis
- Proficiency in at least one OO programming language, such as Swift, Java, or Python
- 3+ years professional experience in software development with a mobile focus
- 3+ years of object-oriented software development experience
- Experience working with remote data via REST and JSON
- Experience integrating RESTful APIs
- Experience with third-party libraries and APIs
- Experience with version control and deployment strategies
- Experience with multi-threading and memory management specific to mobile devices
- Experience with caching mechanisms for mobile devices such as SQLite
- Experience in developing user interfaces, working with UX/UI designers
- Experience with MVVM, MVC and/or MVP architecture
- Experience implementing Notifications
- 3+ years building Android applications in Java using Android SDK
- Experience with Java language and related frameworks
- Published at least one original Android app
- Understanding of Android platform and Google Play Services
- Understanding of Android operating system
- Knowledge in Mobile UI design principles, patterns, and best practices such as Material Design
- 3+ years building iOS applications in Object-C/Swift
- Experience with Swift language and related frameworks
- Published at least one original iOS app
- Understanding of iOS platform and iTunes Services
- Understanding of iOS operating system
- Knowledge in Mobile UI design principles, patterns, and best practices such as iOS Human Interface Design
- Knowledge of Kotlin
- Experience usage interoperability of Java and Kotlin
- Knowledge of up to date Android Architecture and best practices
- Have a track record of developing consumer applications in Android
- Experience with Android tools such Android Studio, Gradle, ADB, etc.
- Familiarity with common Android libraries Glide, GSON, etc.
- Knowledge of Objective-C
- Experience usage interoperability of Objective-C and Swift
- Knowledge of up to date iOS Mobile Architecture and best practices
- Have a track record of developing consumer applications in iOS
- Experience with iOS tools such Apple Xcode, Core Data, TestFilght, etc.
- Familiarity with common Objective-C/Swift libraries JSONModel, SDWebImage, Kingfisher, ObjectMapper, etc.
Methodologies and Third-Party frameworks
- Understanding and integration of Google Maps SDK
- Understanding and integration of the Firebase framework
- Proficient with using GIT for source control
- Experience integrating with a third party application such as Google Maps, etc.
- Experience in an Agile / Scrum Methodologies
- Experience using built-in hardware sensors such as GPS
Mobile Design/ Architecture
- Ability to prototype new and/or redesign a mobile application
- Knowledge of Mobile security best practices
- Experience architecting and implementing for mobile devices of various sizes
- Knowledge of test-driven development and test automation
- Experience in API design, performance optimization, mobile architecture, or tools, in the mobile space.
- Expertise in the following areas: performance debugging and optimization of complex workloads, and code optimization, high-performance software development techniques, concurrent programming
- Demonstrated ability to work with data structures, algorithms and software design optimized for embedded systems.
- An understanding of Agile methodology
- Project documentation expertise
- Wilingness to learn, understand and adopt the client required toolset for affectively managing the client team and their projects.
- Exposure to contract negotiation/review
- Management of file sharing and complience
- Experience with Digital Marketing Platforms (i.e. Sitecore, Episerver, Magento, Hybris, etc.) required.
- Organized and detail oriented, with the ability to bring order to fast moving teams and initiatives.
- Desire to understand and facilitate the development of digital products and ideas.
- Desire to collaborate with cross-functional teams and empathize with culturally diverse audiences.
Essential Job Functions
- Deliver a project’s mobile features and integrate them within client or third-party backend system
- Work on the design, architecture, and implementation of these mobile features
- Participates on project teams, supporting business and IT stakeholder requests
- Work within an agile development environment
- Work with the latest technologies and tools to solve challenging problems, which affect our customers
- Apply knowledge of software best practices
- Create high quality code, and push the boundaries of mobile development
Here’s what it’s like to work for us:
We’re advisors, visionaries, creative and techies…with an agency mindset. We believe in working together, and that the best results come when we pool our knowledge and brainstorm the right solution for our customers.
We embrace all things digital.
Our ambition is to become global leader in the digital space. No more, no less. Our customers look to us to help them succeed in the digital landscape. We deliver work that makes them the leaders in their industries, based on a thorough understanding of their business and a close collaboration with their employees.
We talk to each other.
We work in an open environment, with business developers, web technologists, strategists and creatives sitting side-by-side, pooling their collective wisdom in order to come up with the best solution for our clients.
We have fun.
We don’t believe in boredom. We do work hard, and we put in the hours we need to get the job done, but we also have a vibrant, dynamic atmosphere with passionate colleagues who enjoy what they do.
We love our clients.
Seriously! They are the reason why we are here. And why wouldn’t we? We are working with some of the biggest and most interesting brands in the world, along with a lot of other companies that all have great ambition to succeed in the digital space.
Valtech has almost 3,000 employees in 38 offices worldwide. In North America we have offices in New York, Dallas, Chicago, Toronto and Montreal.
We’re looking ahead.
We are driven by a visionary mindset, and that means there is plenty of room for initiative and for talented people to shape who we are tomorrow.
Up for the challenge?
Then we will be more than happy to hear from you. Send us your resume and give us a bit of writing about yourself and your motivation to work for Valtech.