.NET Backend Developer
At Valtech, we imagine and create the world of tomorrow!
Before we continue to dive into the requirements for the role let’s talk about Why you should join Valtech?
Flexibility: We trust in the expertise, skills, and actions of our colleagues. That’s why we provide a flexible work schedule that supports work/life balance.
Career Advancement: We offer a career, not just a job. We invest in the personal and professional growth of every employee because we believe growth leads to both business impact and personal fulfillment.
Learning and Development: We foster a culture that encourages and promotes professional growth and development, with continuous learning through our in house LMS (Ask us about the Academy)
The perks :
- Flexible PTO Policy!
- Valtech is lucky to collaborate with amazing organizations (local to global). If you want to learn and grow as an eCommerce specialist, this is the place for you.
- Flexible schedule, with a 37.5 hour work week.
- The possibility to work remotely and $500 to outfit your home office when you first start.
- The possibility to work from wherever you want (subject to approval).
- Life, medical and dental insurance with 24/7 access to counseling and telemedicine & an employee assistance program (EAP).
- A community of supportive people (from your day-to-day colleagues to the company owners).
- Offices all across the globe including in Montreal and in Sainte-Thérèse, on the northshore of Montreal.
- A strong corporate culture where the values Share, Dare and Care are a part of the company’s DNA.
Back to the role:
What you will do:
Being a Backend .Net Developer at Valtech means working with an agile team of people you really like, with trusted leadership at the helm, and within a corporate culture that truly values work-life balance. More specifically, this is what your daily life will be like:
- Develop different system components and functionality using .Net web technologies (C#, .Net, MVC, SQL);
- Collaborate in the creation of technical solutions that incorporate all required aspects of a web solution;
- Participate in assessment and refinement meetings (“grooming”), break down the required tasks for the job, and participate in sprint reviews;
- Answer various questions from our clients and attend solution delivery meetings with the team;
- Participate actively in “daily scrums;” organize and thoroughly communicate the progress of your work to your peers, and demonstrate transparency with regard to the various problems encountered;
- Contribute to quality control activities with the team;
- Participate in the improvement of standards within the Backend .Net practice.
What you should have:
- You have a minimum of 2 to 3 years experience in web development;
- You have a college diploma in programming or a bachelor’s degree in computer science;
- You are fluent in both English and French – for communicating with our clients as well as your future colleagues;
- You are a master of web technologies and concepts, including the Microsoft .NET platform (C#, MVC) and the SQL environment;
- You have experience on different CMS platforms;
- You have already worked in an Agile development environment and are familiar with the SCRUM and Kanban methodology (or you have some knowledge of it at least!)
Here’s a little about us
Valtech is a global digital agency that focuses on business transformation for our clients. Founded in 1993, Valtech has established itself as one of the largest independent global agency groups with more than 6,000 exceptional individuals operating out of 51+ offices in 19 countries. We work with some of the world’s best-known brands from travel to retail, connected experiences to automotive and we’re now ready to bring on even more talented colleagues to join us.
We believe diversity is essential to creating the best digital products & experiences. Valtech is committed to providing and maintaining a work environment where all employees and candidates are treated with dignity and respect and that is free of bias, prejudice, and harassment. We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, gender, ethnicity, citizenship, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, veteran status or any other legally protected status.
Valtech is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates who require them (such as those with limitations, caring responsibilities or anything else they may need accommodations for) in our recruiting process. If you need any assistance or accommodations, please let us know at email@example.com.