What will you be doing?
As a .net CMS Architect (m/f/d) within Valtech you will be facing interesting questions about the design and implementation of large-scale software systems that need to handle daily challenges of scaling, resilience, and performance. Besides a solid basis knowledge in .net Technologies, you are specialized in either Sitecore or Optimizely CMS (experience in both is even better). You will be leading a team of technologists on projects.
As an experienced Consultant you are expected to develop expertise both in technology and the means to communicate complex concepts and rationale to non-techies. We’ll encourage and support this with frequent opportunities to share ideas internally. We also have Consultants frequently deliver at regional, national and global conferences.
Technical Skills that are required:
- Experience in Sitecore 9.x and/or Sitecore 10.x, relevant certifications are a plus
- Experience not only in Sitecore “core” (the CMS) but also in SXA, JSS, EXM, Digital Marketing Automation, Personalization, XConnect
- Helix Architecture principles
- Experience in Optimizely Content Management System 11 and/or 12, relevant certifications are a plus
- .NET / .NET CORE Software Development (C#)
- Architecture Patterns and Principles
- Development practices: pair programming, planning poker, IoC, TDD, BDD, mocking frameworks
- Unit testing experience (XUnit/MS Test/NUnit/MBUnit)
Impress us with further skills in:
- Knowledge in Sitecore’s composable architecture approach
- Experience with additional products like Sitecore CDP (Boxever), DAM (ContentHub), Commerce (Ordercloud), Email Marketing (Moosend)
- Experience with Commerce, Content Marketing, Web Experimentation etc.
- Continuous Integration / Development (CI/CD) supporting tools like Azure DevOps or other similar technologies
- Microsoft specific frameworks/solutions like MVC, WebAPI, Razor
- Experience with an enterprise level search systems e.g. Solr, Elasticsearch
Being effective in software delivery isn’t all about the code, we’ll be looking to see good experience and awareness across many of the following areas:
- leading cross-functional teams using Scrum and/or Kanban
- preparing and participating in workshops to identify and define user requirements
- developing highly interactive websites and familiarity with the challenges involved
- working in multi-disciplinary teams
- working with cloud technologies such as Azure
- working in projects where Test Driven Development, Behavior Driven Development, pair programming and refactoring principles were applied
- full project life cycle including analysis, design, development, deployment, testing and support
What else do we expect from you?
- Minimum 3 years working in a similar position, preferably in an agency setting. Overall experience in the described space at least 6 years.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills as applied to user guides and documentation and to communicate clearly with developers, project managers, clients and end-users.
- You speak fluent German and English, as these are the languages you use to communicate with international colleagues and customers on a daily basis.
- Not all of the points mentioned so far apply to you? Never mind! Apply anyway if you are eager to work on "digital transformation" with customers and colleagues. You can learn what you don't know yet in our internal training courses.
What do we offer in return?
- A permanent position in a globally active digital agency that is listed in the Top 10 in Germany.
- We place great value on diversity and inclusion and want to create a fair and livable working environment. To achieve this, we support all people regardless of their origin and background. Everyone should feel comfortable enough to develop, grow and achieve their goals - whatever this may be.
- You can expect a highly professional working environment where team spirit and knowledge transfer are not empty phrases and where flat hierarchies really pay off.
- Our centrally located offices are adapted to our hybrid way of working and offer you the perfect balance to the home office.
- Our working hours and home office arrangements are flexible and based on a 40-hour week and 30 days of annual leave.
- In addition to a fixed salary, you will also receive a variable salary component that is paid out monthly based on company targets.
- We also pay you a company pension allowance.
- We keep you fit: Whether through snacks, the possibility of the JobRad or the offer of the Urban Sports Club.
- We encourage you to continue your education - through the Valtech Academy, at external training courses or at conferences.
- A highlight for all Valtechies are the joint celebrations during the year, which you should definitely not miss.
- Come as you are: There is no dress code at our company. You come to work in the way you feel most comfortable.