Valtech is looking for a New Business Account Director to support our ambition of becoming the leading digital agency globally.
You know the market, hunt the business needs that can be solved digitally, create and pursue opportunities with new client prospects. You see the value of getting down-and-dirty with digital consulting rather than going on autopilot with generic slide decks. You're comfortable positioning a full-service offering that spans strategy, creative and technology.
What will you be doing?
- Lead and inspire the rest of the new business-oriented pitch teams, including the tight coupling and collaboration with Marketing
- Drive the sales pipeline development in close partnership with the local and European marketing team.
- Engage with prospect organizations to position Valtech solutions through strategic value-based selling, business case definition, references from clients and partners, networking, etc.
- Lead end-to-end presales / RFP response/ pitch process through qualification, and win strategy definition
- Systematically collaborate with Valtech's key technology platform partners in the region, e.g. Adobe, Microsoft, Sitecore, Salesforce, Optimizely, Contentful, Commercetools, VTEX, etc.
- Keep up with the trends in professional digital agency services and Valtech clients' industry verticals.
- Keep up with client success case studies and services value proposition development within Valtech
What do we expect from you?
You know the agency game to succeed in the role because you have lived it for years. You can articulate the value of digital transformation to B2B or B2C clients in 50 words or less. Most importantly, as a digital native, you can translate the trends and jargon of the digital world into something a C-level executive can understand, value and buy.
You must be both a leader and a deal-closer, and that means you also understand the fine art of balancing risks when bidding for new business. You'll be well networked into the broader global company, using the power of the One Valtech organization to drive the Benelux-based business.
In addition to that, you should also have:
- 5+ years experience in business development/sales roles within the digital agency/tech professional services industry.
- 3+ years experience with digital services.
- Existing network of potential clients in your geographical locale.
- Demonstrable track records selling multi-year, seven-figure engagements.
- Personal drive to "Getting it done and right" and the ability to make effective decisions and see them through.
- Flexibility and ability to adjust on the fly to new demands and business environments.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, and people skills working with internal teams and client teams
- Assertiveness, directness, and a "company first" mentality
And the showstopper: you must have worked within the digital space. The core of the matter is that you have worked with digital natives day in and day out. That includes designing digital solutions, speaking in terms of pixels and bytes and evangelizing the benefits of a wireless society. You must have lived and breathed this stuff.
What do we offer in return?
Excellent employment terms and conditions, a competitive salary and plenty of room to develop yourself. How quickly your career and salary advance depends entirely on you – with some support from your manager, of course. Our internal Academy will also help you to develop your skills continually. In addition, you can also follow a work-related educational program with an external provider. And because work, learning and private life are increasingly intertwined, you can flexibly arrange your working hours to match your creative peaks.
In addition, you'll get this:
- 25 vacation days. Want more? You can buy up to 10 days extra
- Pension scheme
- Travel allowance (every colleague gets an NS Business card)
- Collective care insurance scheme
- Company car, laptop and mobile phone
What does our recruitment process look like?
We strive to provide our candidates with a simple, fair and transparent recruitment process.
Outlined below, you can learn more about the different stages of our recruitment process:
1. Application received
2. CV/phone screening by Recruitment
3. CV screening by Hiring Manager
4. 1st interview*
5. 2nd interview
*for some of our vacancies, an assessment (after the 1st interview) is part of our process. In light of the COVID-19 pandemic, all our interviews and assessments are taking place remotely (online via Teams)