Valtech is a multi-award winning digital agency with 3000 talented people in 45 beautiful offices across 16 countries. We work with some of the world’s best known brands, from airlines and travel companies, to the leading retailers, luxury brands and automotive and B2B companies. We also have a lasting legacy with the UK Government built over 25 years of transforming the user experience to improve lives. So, whether you’re renewing a Blue Badge, booking your next holiday or ordering your Friday night takeaway, we’re at the heart of it.
We transform our clients’ businesses and offer transformative job opportunities for those who join us. We transform by doing across commerce, connected experiences, digital platforms, marketing and more.
Valtech is looking for a new Business Development Director to join us in the UK to support our ambition of becoming the leading digital agency globally.
To be a success in the role you will know the agency game because you have lived it for years. You will be able to articulate the value of digital transformation to a B2B or B2C client in 50 words or less and, most importantly, as a digital native you can translate the trends and lingo of the digital world into something a C-level executive can understand, value and buy.
Your job is to know the market, hunt the business challenges that can be solved digitally, creating and pursuing opportunities with new client prospects. You know the value of getting really stuck-in to digital consulting rather than going on autopilot with generic slide decks, and you’re comfortable with positioning a full-service offering that spans strategy, creative and technology.
Critically you’ll know that digital is so much more than the website. You’ll be passionate about the impact your work has on human beings. Furthermore, you’ll lead and inspire the rest of the new business-oriented sales team, including their tight coupling and collaboration with Marketing, so we drive a lean and effective end-to-end sales process across the funnel.
You will be a part of the Valtech UK management and will play a key role within the wider European Sales & Marketing team. You will be leading the sales team as well as your own client prospects and you will be responsible for driving revenue to our business at a reasonable margin. You must be both a leader and a deal-closer, and that means you also understand the fine act of balancing risks when bidding for new business. You’ll be well networked into the wider global company, using the power of the One Valtech organization to drive the UK based business.
You’ve had a similar position for the last 10 years or more, most likely in another digital agency or a technology partner. Your track record is proven when it comes to digital strategy, customer experience, digital planning, content management, and e-commerce.
- Grow our business via net new clients in the commercial sector (note there is a large Public sector presence within Valtech UK).
- Drive the sales pipeline development in close partnership with the local and European marketing team.
- Manage the sales team and the entire sales process to ensure delivery against KPIs and targets with the strong emphasis on new business sales.
- Engage with prospect organisations to position Valtech solutions through strategic value-based selling, business case definition, references from clients and partners, networking, etc.
- Lead end-to-end presales / RFP response / pitch process through qualification, win strategy definition, engagement of appropriate resources such as solution engineers, professional services leads, partner executives etc.
- Participate in relevant marketing and industry events.
- Systematically collaborate with Valtech’s key technology platform partners in the region, e.g. Microsoft, Sitecore, SAP, Adobe, Commerce tools, and others.
- Accurate weekly, monthly, and quarterly forecasting and revenue delivery.
- Keep up with the trends in professional digital agency services and Valtech clients’ industry verticals.
- Keep up with client success case studies and services value proposition development within Valtech
- 10+ years’ experience in business development/sales roles within the digital agency/tech professional services industry.
- 5+ years’ experience with digital services.
- Existing network of potential clients in your geographical locale.
- Demonstrable track records selling multi-year, seven figure engagements.
- Experience on managing sales teams desirable.
- Personal drive to “Getting it done and right” and the ability to make effective decisions and see them through.
- Flexibility and ability to adjust on-the-fly to new demands and business environments, sense of urgency.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, and people skills working with internal teams and client teams
- Assertiveness, directness, and a “company first” mentality
- Strong senior executive engagement and influence skills.