Valtech is a global business transformation agency delivering innovation with a purpose.
We are a network of more than 5000 innovators, design thinkers, marketers, creatives and developers, with offices in 19 countries. Read more about us and our approach to recruitment.
At Valtech Denmark, Optimizely (formerly known as Episerver) is the digital experience platform of choice for many clients.
We are looking to grow our own team's capabilities and offerings; to service local customers and expand Valtech's global Optimizely engagements.
As an Optimizely Developer at Valtech Denmark:
You will occupy a unique and rewarding role as both a consultant/client advisor, and a hands-on developer. You will shape and participate in every stage of new and ongoing client engagements, from discovery to delivery; collaborating within both regional project teams and our global Optimizely craft circle.
Valtech is an open and informal international environment where freedom comes with accountability. In this space, some of your specific responsibilities will include:
- Performing requirement(s) elicitation and analysis, in collaboration with your team and the client: guiding customers in the balance between value and effort, and sharing cross-functional knowledge with your peers
- Designing and implementing digital solutions across the newest technologies from Optimizely CMS to Commerce Cloud, including exploring new technologies and components and evaluating their fit for use
- Taking part in release management and rollout programs
- Building key integrations with business systems like ERP, CRM, DAM and PIM/InRiver
- Creating and prioritising sprint backlogs
- Optimising internal working processes in conjunction with DevOps
For this role, we are open to hear from English-speaking candidates around the world with an interest in relocating to Denmark.
Based on our past success with global mobility, a remote start is a possibility for this role; provided that you are located within a closely matching timezone to our Danish offices, and that you have successful experience working in a fully remote setup already.
Of course, applications from local/neighbouring regions and/or with high mobility, will be treated with first preference. Any level of fluency in Danish would be an added bonus.
As a junior applicant, you will need a technical skillset founded on .NET; and a clear interest in moving towards Optimizely expertise as a client-facing consultant.
Additional beneficial technical experience and exposure would include the following (this list is and/or, and not required in its entirety - we encourage you not to self-disqualify based on these additional proficiencies):
- ASP.NET Core
- HTML & CSS
- SQL Server & relational databases
- API development & integrations
- Cloud development
- Unit testing
- DevOps: Docker, Azure
- Agile tooling: Jira, Confluence
- Microsoft SharePoint
- Other CMS/eComm platforms like Sitecore, Magento, etc.
As a mid-level applicant, you should have been working as a dedicated Optimizely developer for at least a year or two.
You find yourself wanting to work with larger, more complex projects in an international environment, and wishing to interface directly with the client(s) on the other side of your work. You aim for a wider sphere of influence and towards the implementation of solutions with industry-changing implications.
As a senior applicant, your 2+ years of Optimizely development experience should already have extended into consultant or directly client-facing roles.
You already handle extensive customer interaction. You know how to communicate with clients, and how to identify additional ways your team can add value. You’ve worked and consulted on Optimizely projects for more than 2 years but you’re looking to do more. Your next goal is to grow into something like a Team Lead or Architect role, and you want to find an environment that will get you there.