You and Valtech_Absolunet
Under the supervision of the Financial Controller, the Payroll and Benefits Specialist will participate in the administration of tasks related to the entire Canadian payroll process and provide administrative support in various payroll and benefits files.
- Ensure the complete production process of the Canadian payroll via Desjardins (Employer D);
- Preparation of calendar/fiscal year ends;
- Prepare and verify various payroll forms (Record of Employment, T4, Relevé 1, etc.)
- Produce reports and documents related to payroll processing;
- Administer and maintain data in the payroll and HR system related to the management and processing of hires, terminations, movements and administration of leave and benefits.
- Management and follow-up of time banks, vacations, vacations, absences, overtime;
- Responds to questions from employees and management, such as those related to the benefits program, leaves of absence, payroll management;
- Perform administrative follow-ups for group insurance (enrollments and withdrawals);
- You have a college diploma in a field related to accounting and/or administration
- You have at least three (3) years of experience in payroll processing
- Active CPA (Canadian pay association) member with certification
- You know the Desjardins system very well (Employer D)
- You know and master the Microsoft Office suite (Word and Excel)
- You are bilingual (oral and written), so you can talk to your colleagues and internal clients!
- You have interpersonal and communication skills
- Telework up to 100% of the time, if you’d like, along with a $500 telework allowance;
- Five (5) floating holidays;
- Flexible group insurance including access to telemedicine;
- A group RRSP with employer contribution;
- Stimulating projects with major local and international clients;
- Active social life and sporting challenges even in virtual mode;
- The possibility to be a Digital Nomad when you choose to – that is, go to work from wherever you want! (subject to approval);
- A strong corporate culture despite the distance where the following values will be an integral part of your daily life: Go, Growth, Trust, Community, and Balance!
And the Perks of our Physical Offices (When things get back to normal, for the most part!)
- A relaxed work environment with open space offices;
- Beer on tap on Fridays!;
- Ping pong, table soccer, and other sports tournaments;
- A social club that takes care of your cravings (and much more)!