Here’s a little about us:
Valtech is a global business transformation agency delivering innovation with a purpose. We enable clients to anticipate tomorrow’s trends and connect more directly with consumers across their digital touch points while optimizing time-to-market and ROI. We are a network of more than 3000 innovators, design thinkers, marketers, creatives and developers spanning 5 continents with offices in 16 countries (USA, UK, Canada, France, Germany, Netherlands, Sweden, Switzerland, Denmark, Brazil, China, India, Australia, Singapore, Argentina, Ukraine). While our expertise is in technology, marketing and experience design, our passion is in addressing transformational business challenges for our clients, including strategy consulting, service design, technology services, and optimization of business-critical digital platforms for multichannel e-commerce and marketing.
What we are looking for:
Do you have excellent influencing, conflict-resolution and negotiating skills and thrive on working in a fast-paced environment plus the ability switch priorities in real time?
Can you easily make the needed connections between systems, processes, and individuals to facilitate change and enrich Valtech’s vibrant company culture?
Do you embrace and embody continuous improvement by proposing new and/or better ways of doing things? Do you believe in building strong relationships based on trust and integrity? If you love your work and endeavour to build lasting relationships with your colleagues?
If the answer is yes, we want to meet you!
What you will do:
- Reporting to the Managing Director, you will be a trusted and strategic people partner for our Senior Leadership Team (SLT) in Toronto & Chicago.
- Collaborate with our Regional People & Culture (P&C) team to harmonize our people practices across our offices in North America.
- Play a key role in our change management initiatives, ranging from creating an effective communication strategy to ensuring that there is minimal disruption to our employees and operations.
- In partnership with our Office Manager, be a champion for our culture and continue to promote and drive initiatives which make Valtech a great place to work in our remote environment. Keeping our employees connected and engaged is a priority!
- Keeping our employee growth and development top of mind by owning the performance review cycle in Lattice, coaching managers on creating robust developmental plans and updating our existing career pathing as necessary. Lead our quarterly talent mapping initiative and work on strategic next steps.
- Work with our global Learning & Development team and be an Ambassador for ad-hoc projects for your office.
- Play an active role in our DEI strategy and initiatives at the regional and local level.
- Coach our managers through employee relations issues such as, but not limited to, performance management, policy interpretation and absence management.
- Partner with benefits vendor to administer benefits as well as review our offerings, on occasion.
- Provide Payroll team with updates as needed.
- Understand the industry best practice and continuously look to iterate on our existing people & culture way of working, to ensure that we are always proactive in our people practices.
- Supporting the day-to-day operations of the local People & Culture activities such as onboarding and maintaining employee files.
- Other ad-hoc projects (such as the implementation of an HRIS) or initiatives as required.
What you should have:
- Demonstrated strategic ability and strong knowledge of progressive human resources practices and approaches.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and handle multiple priorities simultaneously.
- Working knowledge of provincial and federal employment laws and regulations in Canada, such as the Employment Standards Act and The Human Rights Code.
- Demonstrated ability to be a strategic lead and be a champion for progressive HR practices.
- Post-secondary education in Human Resources or related field.
- 5+ years of progressive experience, with a minimum of 2 years as a Human Resources Business Partner working directly with a senior leadership team.
- Digital agency or marketing agency experience a plus.
What we offer:
- We offer competitive compensation, great benefits including Medical, Dental and Vision benefits
- We close over the winter holidays and keep summer hours to help you make the most of those sunny Friday afternoons
- Open concept office with plenty of room to get creative
- Collaborate, supportive culture
- Monthly events with an active culture club
- We provide a flexible work schedule that supports work/life balance
- Professional development and training opportunities-Valtech Academy
SHARE DARE CARE
Want to be part of a great company? Then join our fast-growing business/team and apply now. We're excited to hear from you!