By joining Valtech you will become part of a unique digital consultancy. We bring together design, data science and software engineering professionals to deliver new products to our customers across the UK.
This diverse set of capabilities means that no two projects are the same. We undertake transformative projects with a collaborative approach. We work with our customers employing Agile and Lean principles to support decision-making, build understanding and ultimately deliver the right service to users.
We are passionate about delivery and curious about new innovations in digital. Our teams seek to fail fast to accelerate learning making experimentation safe. As communities, we are sociable and encourage learning. We use regular internal events, meetups and external events to engage with new ideas at all levels.
How we deliver
There are some fundamental principles to the way that we deliver. While we are pragmatic in our approach to any specific project, if you don’t share these values we are unlikely to be a good fit for you:
- Cross-functional teams
Agile methods have always emphasised the merit of teams with all the skills necessary to delivery on user’s needs. To work effectively with a multi-disciplinary team it helps to be genuinely interested in the work of those in other roles. We value the flexibility to pick up slack across other areas of capability as well as expertise and specialization.
We find that diverse groups working together come to better solutions. In user testing, this approach builds empathy in the team. In design, we collaborate to test ideas and develop alternatives. As a team, we work together to improve our approach.
- Continuous learning
This applies to product development as it applies to individuals. Our projects are designed to engage with uncertainty creating opportunities to learn. We use experiments, prototypes and hypotheses to learn about user behaviour, design algorithms and select technologies. Our communities of practice provide a space for us to improve and learn from peers. While as individuals a personal training budget enables the opportunity to grow and develop.
- Outcome Focus
When driving our projects we focus on outcomes. Knowing how users and customers will deem a project a success enables creativity and innovation.
Overview of Role
Architect responsible for solution and technical architecture across a portfolio of projects. Portfolio includes CMS and e-commerce platforms augmented with bespoke integration to legacy systems and integration to other in-house and SAAS platforms
What will you be doing?
- Work with project technical leads and customers to support product selection, solution and technical architecture activities. Champion application of appropriate quality practices and support customers in appreciating the impact these have on total cost of ownership.
- Support customers and BAs in identifying how business needs can be met cost-effectively through leverage of platform capabilities.
- Assure that proper attention is given to product characteristics such as security, resilience and scalability. Guide application architecture in line with business requirements.
- Taken architectural leadership responsibility in complex project/product development
- Successfully managed conflicting stakeholder needs preserving quality while achieving business objectives
- Passionate about delivering high-quality user experience
Modern software engineering practices
- Continuous integration
- Continuous delivery
- Good C# .Net experience
- Microsoft frameworks and architectural patterns
- Patterns for resilient cloud-based products
- Exposure to various database technologies including NoSQL
- Good appreciation of common platforms employed in digital marketing
- Good understanding of the strategic role of CMS and Commerce platforms and how to define their boundaries within a solution
- A knowledge and appreciation of the architecture of the web and the standards which underpin it, with the ability to respect and leverage this within your own architectures
- Deep understanding of web application architectures and the role CMS and Commerce platforms play within them.
- Test Driven Development
- Behavior Driven Development
- When to employ manual testing
- Domain expertise in Digital Experience Management and E-commerce
- Good experience engaging business and marketing stakeholders
- Good commercial awareness