At Valtech, we imagine and create the world of tomorrow!
With over 6,000 creative professionals working in 50 offices around the world, Valtech stands out for its user-centered approach to innovation. With values of sharing, boldness and care, Valtech places the human element at the heart of the digital experiences developed by our teams.
By joining the Valtech team, you'll be part of a company that puts people first, and you'll be able to grow and evolve with access to a global network of innovators.
What you will do:
The Practice Director sees to the strategic technical orientation of the different platforms they manages. They defines the standards and ensures that they are adequately integrated through the development teams, in particular by working closely with the technical leads and the associated architects. They sees to developing strategic technical partnerships by getting involved in related communities. They leads a small team of internal experts who see to developing tools allowing the different teams to be more efficient.
- Lead and develop the technological practices related to the platforms for which they is responsible;
- Define the quality standards related to the platforms, they are on the lookout for best practices;
- Be aware of technology/business issues with customers in his/her discipline, and get involved as needed to support technical leaders, product managers, account management or sales;
- Be responsible for developing a plan to upgrade technical leadsand Solution Architect in their disciplines, and ensure their practice and expertise is understood and recognized by all related team members;
- Participate in the maintenance of existing technical partnerships and contribute to future ones, particularly in terms of the platform roadmap. Promote Valtech's know-how to the technical members of the linked platforms. If necessary, propose new complementary technological partnerships;
- Working closely with leadership by participating, following and supporting business decision;
- Participate in the annual evaluations of the technical managers;
- Collaborate with the Operations Director in promoting R&D initiatives to our customers;
- Actively lead an R&D team and define the development backlog to reflect platform directions. Oversee Kaizen requests from related teams to validate that they are in line with the overall platform vision;
- Ensures that they can adequately respond to the support needs of the business team, either through them own participation or through the appointment of a member of them R&D team. Works closely with the architecture team to meet this need;
- Work closely with other platform managers and architects, with the goal of supporting common processes and strategies to always better support the growth of the agency's clients;
What you should have:
- University baccalaureate in an IT related field or equivalent experience;
- Strong knowledge of Composable platforms (commercetools, Algolia, Contentstack, Contentful, Cloud/Microservices)
- Minimum of 5 years in a development-related position and minimum of 2 years in a development-related leadership position;
- Strong interpersonal, communication and adaptation skills;
- Ability to work under pressure;
- Analytical mind and attention to detail;
- Good popularizer;
- Strategic spirit and technological vision (understanding customer realities);
The perks :
- Flexible PTO Policy!
- Valtech is lucky to collaborate with amazing organizations (local to global). If you want to learn and grow as an eCommerce specialist, this is the place for you.
- Flexible schedule, with a 37.5 hour work week.
- The possibility to work remotely and $500 to outfit your home office when you first start.
- The possibility to work from wherever you want (subject to approval).
- Life, medical and dental insurance with 24/7 access to counseling and telemedicine & an employee assistance program (EAP).
- Company contribution to your retirement savings.
- A community of supportive people (from your day-to-day colleagues to the company owners).
- Offices all across the globe including in Montreal and in Sainte-Thérèse, on the northshore of Montreal.
- A strong corporate culture where the values Share, Dare and Care are a part of the company’s DNA.
We believe diversity is essential to creating the best digital products & experiences. Valtech is committed to providing and maintaining a work environment where all employees and candidates are treated with dignity and respect, free of bias, prejudice, and harassment. We're proud to be an equal-opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. We do not discriminate based on race, gender, ethnicity, citizenship, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
Valtech is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates who require them (such as those with limitations, caring responsibilities or anything else they may need accommodations for) in our recruiting process. If you need any assistance or accommodations, please let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org.