Principal Software Architect (f/m/x)- 80-100%
What gets you out of bed in the morning? Working with bleeding edge technologies? Collaborating and ideating with like minded engineers? Working alongside cross-functional teams to create seamless experiences? Collaborating with customer’s business to ideate smart and sustainable solutions for the future ? Glad to hear it –as this job offers all of the above, and a bit more.
We look for a passionate senior technologist, client advisor and team leader that holds hands-on experience with composable Best-of-Breed technology platforms. We want to deliver further innovative, bleeding edge, sustainable technology solutions that reach beyond our clients expectations, will you help us?
As our new Principal Software Architect you’ll spend your time:
- Playing an active and hands-on role in supporting Valtech in delivering technical solutions that exceed the expectations of our enterprise clients.
- Acting as a “go to” technical leader who interfaces frequently both with business and technical stakeholders
- Defining, engineering and maintaining architectural roadmaps and technical solutions for new and existing functionalities within Valtech projects
- Owning architectural qualities of full stack applications (e.g.: web vitals, accessibility, security, SEO, performance, etc.)
- Guiding, supervising and supporting other Valtech engineers to generate and maintain high quality clean code according to the agreed coding standard and best practices
- Advising, guiding and leading Valtech clients across matters surrounding their current technical solutions implementations.
- Acting as key interface between business and technical teams, assessing the business impact that technical choices have
- Remaining up-to-date with the latest trends of across development stacks, frameworks and technologies and sharing your knowledge of new developments.
- Contributing to Valtech Technology Practices and seeking to prepare, improve and introduce new approaches/methodologies/tools and techniques into the Practice.
- The above list is not exhaustive of all responsibilities
- You hold relevant technical education or an equivalent level of experience within the following areas or similar; computer science, software engineering, IT etc.
- You hold around 6-8 years + experience in the development and architecture of complex software solutions
- You are an experienced agile engineering professional with years of architecture, build, development and leadership experience focused on new state of the art applications.
- You hold strong experience within the design and build of large enterprise scale applications using TypeScript / Java / .NET /Microservices/ Enterprise Service Bus / Public Cloud Services
- You have further broad technical background (knowledge of various programming languages and environments, databases, operating systems) is an advantage
- You can wear multiple hats and are confident working with both business and technical stakeholders.
- You are a proficient French and English communicator
About the Valtech Switzerland
You will join our international Swiss team made up of 130+ people, 30+ different nationalities and many mother tongues. Here at Valtech our jobs wrap around our lives – not the other way around. Whether you’d like to work part-time or from home, we make sure to find a work model that fits your lifestyle. Furthermore we understand that the right equipment is essential to do great work. When joining us you have the opportunity to select the brand you feel most comfortable with and we will make sure you have everything you need.
At work honesty, openness and respect reflect our core values and we encourage an open feedback culture in order to build trust and grow together. Outside of working time we offer plenty of optional downtime activities such as Ski trips, wine tasting or cooking classes to get to know your colleagues.
Valtech as an Equitable and Inclusive Employer
At Valtech, we’re here to engineer experiences that work and reach every single person. To do this, we are proactive about creating workplaces that work for every person at Valtech. Our goal is to create an equitable workplace which gives people from all backgrounds the support they need to thrive, grow and meet their goals (whatever they may be). You can find out more about what we’re doing to create a Valtech for everyone https://www.valtech.com/about/diversity-inclusion/.
Please do not worry if you do not meet all of the criteria or if you have some gaps in your CV. We’d love to hear from you and see if you’re our next member of the Valtech team
Valtech does not accept applications through recruitment agencies for this position. All applications will be treated as direct applications