Our client is the world’s largest dedicated online grocery retailer who is moving fast from being a UK grocer into becoming a global technology provider. In this project we are helping to roll out end-to-end commerce solution.
The Ideal Candidate
- experience in web development;
- strong experience in developing Acceptance test cases to a good coverage, ideally in BDD format or similar;
- experience in Functional and exploratory testing (Designing, executing test cases, test reporting and good quality bug reporting);
- experience in Integration testing between Systems and sub-systems with mocks and realtime;
- developing and maintaining selenium based test automation frameworks in Java development environment;
- strong proven Java development skills;
- we expect automation code to match development code quality;
- experience of working and testing in continuous development environment;
- agile testing experience, participate in Stories refinement, kick off and 3 Amigos sessions;
- experience of working with JIRA;
- knowledge of Web development and microservices;
- user acceptance testing with Product Owner and stakeholders;
- awareness of Performance testing;
- awareness of Accessibility testing;
- awareness of Security testing;
- upper intermediate English.
- experience in docker and containerization;
- knowledge of working with a CMS.
Ultimately you will be responsible for verifying all aspects of the quality of the service.
This will include:
- participate in workshops to help identify and refine user requirements;
- participate in the iterative design of the system, contributing effectively to technical conversations and apply a knowledge of principles and patterns to problems;
- be able to think independently, work through problems and challenge decisions where appropriate;
- be able to work to a defined set of project technical standards (in particular our QA Strategy);
- maintain the automated suite of acceptance and NFR tests;
- understand automated testing principles and, with our QA strategy, judge the appropriate use of tests to ensure suitable verification of the service;
- work effectively on the code base with the team using managed source control systems, branching strategies, and good development practices.
As a consultant and as a binding part between developers and our clients, you are expected to develop expertise both in technology and in communicating complex concepts and rationale to non-techies. We’ll encourage and support this with frequent opportunities to share ideas internally. We also have consultants frequently deliver at regional, national and global conferences.
What Balance Means to Us
- a modern office, comfortable work environment, and the best available tools;
- business trips to Europe/US;
- 20 working days of vacation;
- medical insurance;
- sick leave (up to 20 days a year);
- unpaid leave (up to 20 days a year);
- paid days off (2 days);
- private entrepreneur leave (2 days);
- ability to work from home;
- professional certifications coverage - 100% (successfully passed);
- English classes;
- sport hobbies compensation;
- ability to participate in Global Valtech R&D initiatives (AR/VR projects and IoT projects).
Insight into Valtech Ukraine
In Valtech Ukraine our teams are mostly focused on technical delivery of enterprise level projects for Retail, Finance, FMCG and Hospitality verticals. We closely work with our European and other global colleagues to accelerate digital transformations for our clients. We are 200+ consultants and we deliver experiences from Kyiv, Kharkiv, Dnipro, Chernihiv and Chernivtsi.