QA Automation Lead
What we are looking for:
Valtech is looking for an experienced Quality Automation Engineer who is an active participant in the day-to-day activities of an agile project delivery team. The candidate’s primary responsibility is to formulate and implement the formalized test plan, automate test cases, execute them, and incorporate them into the continuous integration environment.
As a member of the team, you will facilitate the building of high-performance, reliable back-end systems, and server-side APIs, creating the interconnectivity fabric of the client’s platform and enabling the provisioning of new and revolutionary classes of services to millions of Internet users.
Before we continue to dive into the requirements for the role let’s talk about Why you should join Valtech?
Flexibility: We trust in the expertise, skills, and actions of our colleagues. That’s why we provide a flexible work schedule that supports work/life balance.
Career Advancement: We offer a career, not just a job. We invest in the personal and professional growth of every employee because we believe growth leads to both business impact and personal fulfillment.
Learning and Development: We foster a culture that encourages and promotes professional growth and development, with continuous learning through our in house LMS (Ask us about the Academy)
Back to the role:
What you will do:
- Create testing components for automated testing, utilization of appropriate tools to develop automated test cases and scripts, execution of the test scripts for regression and performance testing
- Execute exploratory testing per schedule to find defects outside of the formal test processes
- Participate in code and test planning, estimating, scheduling, implementation, and other team activities
- Analyze test demand for in-scope user stories and develop the test specifications, execute formal testing per schedule to meet necessary testing requirements, and execute exploratory testing per schedule to find defects outside of the formal test processes
- Test the implementation of REST and messaging-based software infrastructure, back-end systems, and APIs
- Create test scripts and perform performance and stress testing
- Identify and document defects found in the application by performance testing and regression testing
- Communicate defects to the entire team and document detailed recreation steps
- Perform and support UAT sessions and functionality demos with the business
- Collaborate with the business and the team to review and set story and feature acceptance criteria
- Perform exploratory testing per schedule to find defects outside of the formal test processes.
- Provide direction to and mentoring for less experienced members of the staff
- Identify risks that might impact the success of the project and mitigate those risks through the application of experience and knowledge
- Act as a role model and advocate for best practices around test-driven development, agile software development, and customer-centric software
What you should have:
- 5 to 7 years of hands-on experience in software test automation in a high-performance and high-availability server development environment
- Minimum of 5 years of experience using industry-standard Test Management, and Automation Tools and Frameworks
- Minimum of 5 years of experience testing SOA implementations such as REST/SOAP/JSON API-based applications
- Experience in developing test strategies and test harnesses and planning approaches for automated testing
- Solid experience utilizing highly technical test automation frameworks from the ground up, including API, UI, and Unit test automation
- Experience evaluating business and technical requirements and developing test cases to test the same
- Experience documenting and communicating defects to the entire team and business stakeholders
- Experience working with cross-functional distributed teams
- Experience in tracking requirements and mapping test cases to requirements
- Ability to analyze complex applications
- Experience in tools such as BrowserStack, DebugBear, and BlazeMeter is desirable
- Experience in Cypress and Selenium
- Prior experience working with Agile/Scrum methodologies
- The candidate must be a proven team player with strong interpersonal skills possessing a demonstrated ability to handle multiple projects with varying priorities
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Valtech: The Experience Innovation Company
Technology has remade the way we live, work, and connect. Every day new products, services, and features are raising our expectations in every aspect of our lives. It’s become common for whole new categories and consumer behaviors to emerge and disrupt legacy businesses. And as it becomes easier to digitize, launch, and evolve, the rush to leap ahead is quickly becoming a race to parity. Now that technology has once again leveled the playing field, we believe the next frontier and greater value lives in the experience. And that means the world needs a new kind of company to unlock that value.
We are the Experience Innovation Company. We know that experience now touches every level of your enterprise. It may necessitate fundamental changes in organizational design or require complex integration throughout your tech stack. It may start by catalyzing data to create emotional moments of connection with your customers, inspiring loyalty and brand love. Or it may come to life by getting innovation initiatives out of presentation decks and into the hands of your customers. No matter where experience innovation begins in your company, we are organized to help clients break through silos, redefine success, and deliver exponential value.
Our values give our work purpose. We care deeply about the transformative impact technology can have on the world and honor our duty to approach it responsibly. We share our diverse identities, knowledge, expertise, and skills in an open dialog rooted in respect and inclusivity. And we dare to pursue uncommon solutions and simplify the complex.
Share: As a global company with diverse talent, we value and embrace open dialogue. We share our expertise, wisdom and full attention with our clients and colleagues
Dare: Entrepreneurship and curiosity is in our DNA. We thrive in ambiguity and simplifying the complex. We dare to bring together, connect, and combine the uncommon.
Care: Technology has had a transformative impact on how we experience the world around us. We want to make the world a better place through the work we do.
Our unique culture allows us to orchestrate and connect teams to unlock powerful insights, value, and innovation at the intersection of diverse expertise and domains.
We believe diversity is essential to creating the best digital products & experiences. Valtech is committed to providing and maintaining a work environment where all employees and candidates are treated with dignity and respect and that is free of bias, prejudice, and harassment. We're proud to be an equal-opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, gender, ethnicity, citizenship, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
Accommodations are available on request for all aspects of the selection process.
So, if you are looking for your next challenge? Then this is your chance to join our team of exceptionally talented, creative, and innovative professionals working with composable Best-of-Breed technology platforms within the large-scale digital experience and e-commerce business area.