TBG (The Berndt Group), www.berndtgroup.net, is a 31-year-old agency with a proven track record in digital transformation for B2B, B2C, and highly regulated fields such as financial services and healthcare. Recently acquired by Valtech, our excellent team and leadership remain intact through this acquisition and our operations will run business-as-usual with some immediate improvements such as greater access to resources, and an increase in capabilities. As Valtech, we are a global company focused on digital transformation, and TBG's office is now the tip-of-the-spear of Valtech's healthcare vertical.
TBG was acquired by Valtech in April 2022. We are excited to share this extremely positive news about TBG, good for its practice, its people, and its clients.
In Joining Vatech, https://www.valtech.com/ - TBG has joined an excellent, ethical, smart global company that we believe is the best Sitecore partner in the world and also one of the top customer experience agencies in the world. Valtech is 4,800+ consultants in 19 countries, but really it is a federation of excellent agencies like TBG, brought together with a vision to ground and move forward contemporary digital practice. As Valtech, will have levels of access and support for our practice on an entirely different level, but the core of what we do, and how we do it, will not change.
TBG is now the Baltimore office of Valtech, and the tip-of-the-spear of its North American Health practice. This is a best-case outcome for TBG, its employees, and its customers, with many positive dimensions. Valtech’s projected growth in the U.S. is very exciting (the company recently went from 350 to nearly 1,000) and this is an opportunity for you (and our entire team) to get in on something amazing at the ground floor.
The candidate should be comfortable working through structured, modular, and well-documented processes, but also have enough flexibility to work in a mid-size and busy company working in teams on rapid-development projects. Flexibility in the candidate’s schedule around deployments and their timing is also expected occasionally.
About the position
We’re seeking candidates with previous Quality Assurance experience. Minimum of two years, with at least four years ideally. Talented, junior-level candidates are also encouraged to apply. We will consider candidates that are not in the Baltimore area, located throughout the U.S., if the candidate strongly matches our needs and has a high level of availability, communication, and responsiveness.
In addition to testing large websites and applications for clients, the QA Department oversees Sitecore and Contentful training services for our clients and resources such as content migrators/integrators. The QA department is also in charge of creating training documentation materials as client deliverables. The QA role is a split role that combines the various QA activities on projects as well as Sitecore and Contentful basics and template specific training efforts for our clients.
This role also works closely with the Director of Quality Assurance on internal projects that promote the maintenance, standardization, adoption, and documentation of QA best practices. This includes activities such as researching current advances in testing methodology and new technologies.
Maturity, creativity, reliability, flexibility, adaptability, strong analytical and problem-solving abilities, a detail-oriented and best practices approach to one’s work, and the ability to understand client needs expressed in multiple types of requirements are necessary. We are seeking candidates who are meticulous in their attention to detail and thoroughness in all tasks, hardworking, able to multitask, have a high level of focus, and have a strong inherent interest in being part of a team that delivers outstanding websites. Strong written and verbal communication skills are important; this position will interact closely with internal and client project teams. A focus on completing scheduled work within budgeted hours for a project, good stress management, and the ability to meet deadlines are essential.
• Develop and execute test plans against requirements and specifications.
• Test websites on multiple devices and browsers.
• Test websites from a functional standpoint, including manual testing, Automated testing, and Performance testing.
• Perform deployment regression testing (flexibility around timing is expected as regression may not always happen during regular business hours).
• Report and validate bugs and defects in a clear and organized manner using our bug tracking system.
• Point of contact for project managers for project specific Sitecore and Contentful client training for content managers, to assist with actual training sessions and training documentation, answering related questions, and participating in relevant client meetings.
• Create or oversee creation of project specific training documentation on Sitecore and Contentful projects with content manager training included in scope. Applies to internal content integration resources and client resources. This also includes confirming status of bugs in Jira before delivering documentation.
• Provide training sessions with client and internal content resources.
• Improve on existing training documentation format and templates (Confluence, Word, PPT, etc.).
• Extreme attention to details and thoroughness in all tasks.
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
• Ability to convey professionalism and engagement in all written, verbal and in-person meetings with team members and clients.
• High level of responsiveness, organization, and clarity in all communications.
• Reliability, availability, and ability to meet all assigned and agreed to deadlines.
• Experience with cross browser and devices compatibility testing for design fidelity.
• Previous experience using issue tracking and documentation software preferred (Jira, Confluence).
• Previous experience using automated testing tools such as Selenium, Cypress, Flood.io.
• Experience testing Web content management systems (i.e., Sitecore, Contentful, Umbraco, Episerver, Sitefinity, etc.) preferred.