What we are looking for:
The Resource Manager is responsible for leading operations specific to Resource Management for Valtech NY. This role is critical to the success of our business as he/she/they will be defining, implementing, and maintaining resourcing best practices. She/He/They are a proactive and creative solutionist, responsible for capacity planning, maximizing utilization of Valtech talent, and identifying staffing efficiencies for the NY office. She/He/They are a people person and will leverage excellent interpersonal skills to collaborate with Valtech employees at all levels of the organization as he/she/they predict, prepare, and solve resource shortage and surplus needs. He/She/They shape teams finding the sweet spot between employee’s skills, personal development and project requirements.
- Medical: Options starting at 100% medical coverage for employees and we cover 85% for spouses, partners, and dependents, we contribute $2500 cash towards your family HSA
401K Matching immediately vested.
Minimum of 30 days PTO.
Up to 8 Weeks Parental Leave.
Home office set up stipend.
2pm Summer Fridays.
- Partner with Directors, Project Management teams & Recruiting to staff projects with appropriate internal resources promptly and accurately
- Accurately assess and communicate current (day-to-day) and future talent needs and capacity concerns; maximize utilization across project teams
- Develop and maintain the proper understanding and knowledge of the company’s practices and services in order to make informed choices
- Understand capabilities (skill-sets) and interests of resources; factor information into staffing decisions
- Maintain, analyze and provide reports pertaining to resource utilization, availability, and time-sheet compliance
- Work with staffing agencies to fill freelance roles as needed for projects
- Lead resource management meetings and initiatives for NY
- Communicate policies and procedures as they relate to resource management and timesheet/ project reporting
- Collaborate with other Valtech offices worldwide on an as-needed basis for resource sharing; make recommendations based on clear knowledge & understanding of group member skill sets across all departments
- 3+ years of Resource Management experience; ability to effectively work in a “matrixed” environment
- Ability to work effectively with all levels of the organization
- Collaborative, yet can drive to decisions and results
- Quick, creative problem solver who works well under pressure
- Proactive and self-motivated
- Relationship management and influencing skills
- Strong organizational, planning, and multi-tasking skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Strong communication skills — written and verbal/presentation
- Good organizational awareness and change management skills
- Ability to link the big picture to tactical program components
- Knowledge of process improvement and facilitation
- Absolute professionalism and confidentiality
Here’s a little about us: