At Valtech, we help brands and distributors fast-forward their digital transformation, bridge the eCommerce gap and put customers at the heart of their experience, profitably.
You at Valtech
The Scrum Master acts as a “Servant/Leader” for the Scrum Team. You’ll also be a Coach, a Facilitator, an Educator, and a Change Agent. This is what your day-to-day will look like:
- Tangibly contribute to the creation of a collaborative and safe team environment.
- Inspire the team to go farther, respect their own values, and achieve their vision.
- Remove obstacles that slow the Dev team down and ensure that roadblocks are quickly addressed.
- Ensure that all development team members are committed to the delivery and success of the Sprint.
- Encourage, support and assist the team in setting challenging goals and reaching their full potential.
- Give honest feedback and dare to ask tough questions.
- Listen first to understand before going into problem-solving mode.
- Support the Product Owner and help them overcome management and planning challenges.
- Shield the Team from outside distractions.
- Ensure that all Scrum events are effective, that the right people are invited, and that all the prep work is ready.
- Implement action plans to improve upstream planning, collaboration, and communication with stakeholders outside the Team.
Educator | Mentor
- Master the Scrum concepts, stay up to date (through articles, books, and videos), so you can explain Agile concepts with concrete examples.
- Use value optimization techniques to guide the Product Owner in a hands-on management of their backlog.
- Expose the team to Agile development best practices that can be integrated into the Scrum (DevOps, automated tests, etc.).
- Quickly and effectively challenge the organization when its decisions could affect the team’s deliverables or the team’s performance.
- Understand organizational dynamics and effectively manage organizational conflict.
- Present management with ideas for improvements to organizational processes.
- Know how to manage the limits of self-organization and provide the necessary framework for the team to meet organizational requirements.
- Keep track of budget projections and potential impacts on project timelines and profitability.
- Identify potential project risks; follow up clearly and periodically with clients, the Team and the organization.
- Minimum 2 years experience in a similar role
- Bilingual - French and English
- Leadership and passion for Agility
- Strong problem/conflict resolution skills, both on the process and interpersonal levels
- Asset: Certified Professional Scrum Master (PSM) or Certified Scrum Master (CSM)
- Asset: Bachelor’s degree in a management-related field (project/product/business)
Enjoy the Perks of Joining Force with Absolunet…
- Absolunet is lucky to collaborate with amazing organizations (local to global). If you want to learn and grow as an eCommerce specialist, this is the place for you.
- Flexible schedule, the possibility to work remotely and $500 to outfit your home office when you first start.
- 5 floating holidays & paid days off between Christmas and New Years.
- Life, medical and dental insurance with 24/7 access to counseling and telemedicine & an employee assistance program (EAP).
- Company contribution to your retirement savings.
- An active social life and sporting activities … even virtually.
- A strong corporate culture (despite the distance) where the values Start, Grow, Trust, Community and Balance are a part of the company’s DNA.
… and the Perks of our Physical Offices (when things get back to normal!)
- A relaxed work environment with open-plan offices
- Beer on the tap on Fridays
- Ping pong, football and other sports tournaments
- A social club that takes care of your cravings (and more)