Valtech is looking for a Senior Accountant for our North Western Europe region (NWE) which covers the Netherlands and the UK. You would be joining a highly talented team of finance professionals to support the region and report to our global function.
Are you based in the Netherlands and would like to work from the comfort of your home and visit our office in Utrecht or Eindhoven occasionally? Then you might be the person we’re looking for! Keep reading to find out.
A day in the life of a Senior Accountant
As a Senior Accountant, you fulfil an essential role. You will mainly be responsible for handling various processes related to Payables, Receivables, Cash management and Fixed asset cycles. On a day-to-day basis, you will be the one to be analyzing complex accounting records and managing complex transactions in Oracle Financial Cloud (accruals, loans, leases – IFRS 16, fixed assets, etc.) in compliance with applicable regulations, accounting standards and internal policies. Luckily, you will not have to do this all by yourself. You will be in continuous collaboration with the Finance Shared Services (FISS) and other members of the NWE Finance Team.
In addition, you will be:
- Handling and resolving exceptions across all accounting cycles
- Reviewing entries of Junior Accountants to ensure accuracy and supporting and training them.
- Maintaining the general ledger and subledgers, reconciling subledgers with the general ledger.
- Performing account reconciliations
- Monitoring the cash collection of the NWE region and escalating any invoices that require Management attention.
- Preparing and reviewing tax returns
- Applying processes and policies to ensure a timely and accurate month-end closing
- Preparing financial reports into HFM and participating in the Audit process with the external and Internal auditors.
You and the role
You are someone with a minimum of 4 years of experience in the field of accounting. Taking the lead, coaching junior accountants and proactively setting things in motion is something that you feel comfortable doing. In addition:
We would love if you have
- Proven experience in accounting processes (Payables, Receivables, General Ledger, Cash Management, Fixed Asset)
- Strong skills on local GAAP
- Strong skills on IFRS accounting rules
- Proven Excel skills within an accounting environment
- A strong background and knowledgeable of Oracle ERP (preferred) or another widely-used ERP.
- The ability to communicate fluently in English and Dutch on financial matters verbally and in writing.
What you can expect from us
- A competitive salary
- 25 days holiday
- Working from home budget
- An NS Business card for travel
- Pension scheme
- A work laptop and mobile phone
Apart from the benefits listed above, we have more to offer. Our growth development program, for example, to help you excel in your existing profession, or enable you to explore another. Also, there are plenty of internal initiatives for you to take part in. Whether it's about improving Valtech as a business or contributing to the world around us, we encourage our employees to pursue their professional and personal ambitions.
Not only can you help us lead the experience revolution, but you can lead the change. The journey Valtech is on is ambitious and therefore opens doors. The more we grow – the more opportunities there are to take responsibility, implement your creative ideas, and be the innovator and driver to help move us, and our clients, forward.
Does it excite you to join Valtech on this journey? And would you like to become our next Senior Accountant?
Then apply today. We cannot wait to hear from you!