We are looking for a Senior Android Consultant to complete our Mobile team and start work with the greatest clients you might ever seen. Only brand new projects, only top level clients, extremely professional team in Ukraine and Denmark.
We design, build, and support enterprise level ecommerce solutions for global players. Numerous projects including global opportunities to work with different industry verticals: retail & luxury, healthcare, travel & hospitality, automotive, and FMCG in a true Agile environment.
The Ideal Candidate
- 5 years of Android application development experience;
- knowledge and application of the Android Architecture Components within an MVP and MVVM context;
- knowledge of OOP principles, design patterns, SOLID, Clean Architecture;
- deep understanding of Android SDK & proficiency in Java Core;
- strong knowledge of TDD and unit testing;
- experience with Jetpack (ViewModel, LiveData, Lifecycles, Room etc.);
- at least 2 years of practical experience with Kotlin (our primary language);
- experience with asynchronous programming with help of coroutines;
- high level of interest to current software development trends;
- complete understanding of Gitflow;
- strong knowledge of Git;
- basic knowledge of CI;
- upper-intermediate English level.
As a Senior Andriod Consultant you will:
- design and execute user-facing features on Android by leveraging mobile operating system frameworks for multi-threading, persisting data, and managing user experience on the device;
- scale distributed applications, make architectural trade-offs applying synchronous and asynchronous design patterns, write code, and deliver with speediness and quality;
- produce high-quality software that is unit tested, code reviewed, and checked in regularly for continuous integration;
- provide technical leadership, driving and performing best engineering practices to initiate, plan, and execute large-scale, cross-functional, and company-wise critical programs;
- identify, leverage, and successfully evangelize opportunities to improve engineering productivity;
- work in an agile development environment (Scrum).
As a consultant you are expected to develop expertise both in technology and in communicating complex concepts and rationale to non-techies. We’ll encourage and support this with frequent opportunities to share ideas internally. We also have consultants frequently deliver at regional, national and global conferences.
What Balance Means to Us
- a modern office, comfortable work environment, and the best available tools;
- business trips to Europe/US;
- 20 working days of vacation;
- medical insurance;
- sick leave (up to 20 days a year);
- unpaid leave (up to 20 days a year);
- paid days off (2 days);
- private entrepreneur leave (2 days);
- ability to work from home;
- professional certifications coverage - 100% (successfully passed);
- English classes;
- sport hobbies compensation;
- ability to participate in Global Valtech R&D initiatives (AR/VR projects and IoT projects).
Insight into Valtech Ukraine
In Valtech Ukraine our teams are mostly focused on technical delivery of enterprise level projects for Retail, Finance, FMCG and Hospitality verticals. We closely work with our European and other global colleagues to accelerate digital transformations for our clients. We are 200+ consultants and we deliver experiences from Kyiv, Kharkiv, Dnipro, Chernihiv and Chernivtsi.