Senior Business Analyst
What we are looking for:
The Senior Business Analyst is responsible for working with Clients and Valtech Project Teams to drive the project vision, objectives and take ultimate ownership for delivering impactful Content Management and Digital Portal solutions with the project team.
- Medical: Options starting at 100% medical coverage for employees and we cover 85% for spouses, partners, and dependents, we contribute $2500 cash towards your family HSA
401K Matching immediately vested.
Minimum of 30 days PTO.
Up to 8 Weeks Parental Leave.
Home office set up stipend.
2pm Summer Fridays.
- The Senior Business Analyst works and negotiates directly with the client stakeholders to analyze and transform business objectives into a backlog of prioritized user stories based on market data, internal needs and business value.
- Guides and supports one or more cross-functional project teams by owning the vision for a release, deciding the priority and details of features to build, accepting features after implementation, and accepting the release
- Generates ideas for how our solutions can make our customers more successful
- Collaborates deeply with the Scrum Master/Project Manager to continually manage scope, budget and expectations. Maintaining an intimate knowledge of the budget/scope burndown and its impact on release expectations is mandatory
- Works closely with the Technical Lead to define work for the developers via acceptance criteria on the user stories
- Works with the client and project team to formulate a release vision and high-level epics
- Constantly manage client expectations on release scope
- Presents and justify a product release to the project stakeholders
- Participates in project process including Release Planning, Sprint Planning, Backlog Grooming, Daily Scrum, and Sprint Review
- Works with customers and stakeholders to understand their needs and manage expectations
- Defines and prioritize a backlog of work. Always maintain a well-groomed product backlog
- Be the customer's voice and provide perspective on business value on a day-to-day basis
- Writes user stories and acceptance criteria and continuously evaluate and prioritize user stories based on market data and business needs
- Previous experience delivering implementations meeting typical web project success factors, including improved SEO, improved conversion and engagement, improved publishing workflow and internal visibility of ROI
- Understanding of Agile methodologies (preferably Scrum) and knowledge of the full project lifecycle
- 3+ years working on software projects following Agile methodologies
- Experience in using component-based CMS (e.g. Adobe, AEM, Sitecore)
- Experience on web-based digital websites
- Ability to work in a complex ecosystem of stakeholders and 3rd parties including other agencies in a cooperative and collaborative mode (one team spirit)
- Ability to coach a PO to become fully at ease with backlog management, business driven user writing of user stories
- Ability to facilitate workshops (story mapping, impact mapping)
- Ability to deal with CMS constrains and be creative to help the developers build the best solution that fulfill the client goals
- Ability to explain technical to non-technical people (marketing, communication, creatives)
- Team player
- Passion and knowledge about our products and the possibilities in our market; specifically, around:
- Content management and digital marketing platforms
- Marketing optimization and automation
- User experience and customer experience management
- Customer and membership portals
- Highly developed organization and time management skills
- Excellent interpersonal and client-facing skills
- Ability to contribute towards a team effort
- Ability to work with ambiguity
- Initiative and self-confidence, adaptable and able to cope with changing and evolving priorities while being able to identify new opportunities
Here’s a little about us: