Who are we?
Valtech is more than just a digital agency. Whilst we’ve been transforming our clients’ businesses for over 25 years, we’ve also been working hard to offer transformative job opportunities for our colleagues across the world. From graduates to seasoned professionals who are experts in their field, Valtech will always be recognised not just for the quality of work we deliver, but for all of the amazing people that make it happen.
We are 3000+ people in nearly 40 offices in 16 countries. We work with some of the world’s best known brands from travel to retail, connected experiences to automotive and we don’t just talk about how to get things done, we really transform by doing.
How we deliver?
There are some fundamental principles to the way that we deliver. While we are pragmatic in our approach to any specific project, if you don’t share these values we are unlikely to be a good fit for you:
- Cross-functional teams
Agile methods have always emphasised the merit of teams with all the skills necessary to delivery on user’s needs. To work effectively in a multi-disciplinary team it helps to be genuinely interested in the work of those in other roles. We value the flexibility to pick up slack across other areas of capability as well as expertise and specialisation.
We find that diverse groups working together come to better solutions. In user testing this approach builds empathy in the team. In design we collaborate to test ideas and develop alternatives. As a team we work together to improve our approach.
- Continuous learning
This applies to product development as it applies to individuals. Our projects are designed to engage with uncertainty creating opportunities to learn. We use experiments, prototypes and hypotheses to learn about user behaviour, design algorithms and select technologies. Our communities of practice provide a space for us to improve and learn from peers. While as individuals a personal training budget enables opportunity to grow and develop.
- Outcome Focus
When driving our projects, we focus on outcomes. Knowing how a project will be deemed a success by users and customers enables creativity and innovation.
- Manage delivery of a project, or multiple projects within a single account, from participation in pre-sales to Inception and through its full lifecycle.
- Manage delivery in collaboration with client stakeholders, ensuring appropriate tracking, reporting and governance.
- Accountable for successful outcome both for Valtech and the customer.
- Support and enable a cross-functional team (which may include customer staff) through all aspects of product development.
- Coach both client and Valtech team members in effective Agile practices and principles.
- Build and manage multi-functional delivery teams with budgetary management responsibilities.
- Lead various client-focused activities from bid phase of project to delivery.
- Continuous approach to planning, forecasting, estimating and managing uncertainty.
- Ensure collaboration and communication between the team and focus on delivery of most valuable work.
- Manage dependencies, constraints and overcome obstacles.
Knowledge and Experience:
- Practical experience in accountability and delivery of Agile projects.
- Solid knowledge of Agile principles, tools and techniques.
- Consulting and client facing experience.
- Commercial awareness and experience of managing budgets.
- Experience of full Software Delivery Lifecycle.
- Experience of strong customer engagement and stakeholder management.
- Experience of dealing with stakeholders at all levels of the organisation.
- Experience of working on customer sites with co-sourced teams.
- Experience of delivery across a wide range of products and services.
- Background in a core delivery practice such as technical architecture, business analysis or user interaction design is likely to be beneficial.
We’re looking for someone with a maker mentality, who wants to join a company full of diverse, intelligent and talented people. Someone who wants to shake things up and fill their days with problem solving, innovation and phenomenal client projects. Someone who is ready to do the best work of their life…. things they are really and genuinely proud of, with opportunities to travel far and wide, learn every day and to really and truly meet their potential.