How things look today
Recently established in Geneva, Valtech Switzerland is a young and entrepreneurial organization servicing prominent brands across Switzerland already. We’re part of the Valtech Group spanning 5 continents with 40+ offices and 2.500+ digital natives around the world – Paris, Munich, New York, Singapore, Buenos Aires - just to name a few. We are now looking for new talents to support the growth of our Swiss organization, and to enable the acquisition and nurturing of new clients.
To this end, we are looking for an experienced Digital Business Analyst.
The Senior Business Analyst is responsible for working with Clients and Valtech Project Teams to drive the project vision, objectives and take ultimate ownership for delivering impactful Content Management and Digital Portal solutions with the project team.
The BA works and negotiates directly with the client stakeholders to analyze and transform business objectives into a backlog of prioritized user stories based on market data, internal needs and business value. He/she then guides and supports one or more cross-functional project teams by owning the vision for a release, deciding the priority and details of features to build, accepting features after implementation, and accepting the release.
The BA must have experience in delivering web-based solutions of varying complexity, and must deeply understand the nuances of complex technical, user experience-driven web projects within the an iterative context. The BA must have a knowledge of data and content modeling.
Key Accountabilities :
- Be passionate and knowledgeable about our products and the possibilities in our market; specifically around:
- Content management and digital marketing platforms
- Marketing optimization and automation
- User experience and customer experience management
- Customer and membership portals
- Education, non-profit and B2B verticals
- Generate ideas for how our solutions can make our customers more successful
- The Product Owner must have a knowledge of data and content modeling in a web context
- Collaborate deeply with the Scrum Master/Project Manager to continually manage scope, budget and expectations. Maintaining an intimate knowledge of the budget/scope burndown and its impact on release expectations is mandatory
- Works closely with the technical lead to define work for the developers via acceptance criteria on the user stories
- Work with the client and project team to formulate a release vision and high-level epics
- Constantly manage client expectations on release scope
- Present and justify a product release to the project stakeholders
- Participate in project process including Release Planning, Sprint Planning, Backlog Grooming, Daily Scrum, and Sprint Review
- Work with customers and stakeholders to understand their needs and manage expectations
- Define and prioritize a backlog of work. Maintain a well groomed product backlog at all times
- Be the customer's voice and provide perspective on business value on a day-to-day basis
- Continuously evaluate and prioritize user stories based on market data and business needs
- Write user stories and acceptance criteria
- Must have experience having delivered implementations meeting typical web project success factors, including improved SEO, improved conversion and engagement, improved publishing workflow and internal visibility of ROI
- Prefers working in a highly collaborative environment
- Highly developed organization and time management skills
- Excellent interpersonal and client-handling skills
- Ability to contribute towards a team effort
- Ability to work with ambiguity
- Initiative and self-confidence, adaptable and able to cope with changing and evolving priorities while being able to identify new opportunities
- Understanding of Agile methodologies (preferably Scrum) and knowledge of the full project lifecycle
- 3+ years working on software projects following Agile methodologies
- Nice to have experience with Digital Marketing/Content Management/Customer Experience Management solutions for public facing websites and portals (for example, AEM, Sitecore)
What are we looking for in a Senior Digital Project Manager?
Obviously, you need to know how to prepare and manage epics, user stories and acceptance criteria. You will work with the Atlassian suite with cross border multifunctional teams. You have 5+ year experience with commercial projects involving external clients working on both a fixed price and actual-cost basis. You have excellent written and verbal communication skills in French and English. German is a plus.
In addition, we are also looking for the following:
- You have an affinity for technology and creation;
- You are motivated to contribute to the growth of a small locally established organization working with international colleagues based in Europe and near shore locations
At Valtech, we believe in an integrated working partnership with our clients. We usually do this at our office, but occasionally we work at the client’s place or at one of our other locations. This requires flexibility and gives you the opportunity to broaden your network.
How we work
with an agency mindset. We believe in working together, and that the best results come when we pool our knowledge and brainstorm the right solution for our customers.
about all things digital. Our ambition is to be the leading provider of digital solutions. Our customers look to us to help them succeed in the digital landscape. We deliver work that makes them the digital leaders in their industries, based on a thorough understanding of their business and a close collaboration with their employees.
We talk to each other.
We don’t believe in silos. We work across disciplines, with account managers, developers and creatives sitting side-by-side, pooling their collective wisdom in order to come up with the best solution for our clients.
As in we follow the methodology in our projects and in the way we work with each other and our clients.
We’re local and global. We’re part of the global Valtech Group, spanning 5 continents with 40+ offices around the world – London, New York, Singapore, Buenos Aires - just to name a few. We are innovators, design thinkers, marketers, creatives and developers, who all create unprecedented success for our Global 500 clients while optimizing time-to-market and return on investment.
As part of a global organization we have multi-cultural local environments that are both open and collaborative, offering unmatched opportunities for personal and professional development – locally as well as globally.
We interact across countries, disciplines, trades, roles and teams. We are consultants before anything else and take ownership of our own work, clients and careers.
We provide everyone with freedom and sky-high opportunities - in return, we expect an equally high degree of accountability and dedication.
As part of our general transparent approach, we like to deal with salary upfront. So when you apply, let us know what you expect.