Due to the current Corona virus shutdown and the uncertainty of the situation we have decided to put all open positions on hold. You can still apply, but please expect longer process and response time. We thank you for patience and understanding in this difficult situation.
We are looking for a senior digital program manager, who can take the lead on delivering large scale, business-critical solutions that will help transform our client’s business.
Can you orchestrate delivering business value and transformation at scale?
Are you one for the bird's-eye view? A natural at coordinating activities and people? Ready to go above and beyond to make our clients happy? If yes, you sound like the perfect fit to be our new Digital Program Manager! In this role, you will typically engage with several teams within Valtech but also internal client teams. Stakeholder management, political savviness and careful risk management are essential skills to have mastered in order to be able to succeed in getting business value delivered and keeping our clients happy.
As a Senior Digital Program Manager, you will be the glue that holds everything together, both internally and externally. Do you get the sense that it’s an important role? Sounds interesting? If so, read on…
Here’s some of what you’ll be doing
The scope of this role is multifaceted, demanding a depth and breadth of delivery knowledge. You will be responsible for managing and driving extensive programs, project portfolios and delivery teams.
You’re a juggler, so it goes without saying that you’ll have a lot of balls in the air, of all different sizes and colours. Also expect to learn, unlearn, and relearn with the changing currents of client needs.
To excel in this role, you will use your strategic outlook while maintaining a strong practical focus on day-to-day activities and changing requirements. Balancing scope, schedule, budget, quality and risks, your monitoring and reporting processes will enable a fast response to any issue. As a great communicator, you’ll build a collaborative team, forge strong client and partner relationships, and manage stakeholder expectations internally and externally.
You’ll work with a lot of different people, often across borders. From senior management at our clients to architects to developers to designers.
You’re our clients trusted advisor – not only when it comes to second-to-none digital project and program management – but also when it comes to advisory on how to drive and transform our client’s digital business.
The proverbial buck stops with you. It’s your job to make sure that things are delivered on time, risk is flagged and mitigated in time and that our clients are happy with the results our digital solutions create for their business.
So, what are we looking for? You’re our next Senior Digital Program Manager if...
- You know your way around digital! You’ve done this before. Many times, during at least the past five years you’ve managed engagements that exceed 15.000 hours per year and span multiple value streams and agile teams.
- You know what it takes to get a digital roadmap up and running. Implementing agile at scale and defining a program governance structure to provide clarity and control are things you’ve done multiple times before. You may not be very technical yourself, but you understand the principles and technical consultants understand you. You may not have a graphical eye, but you know how to get the best out of creative people and processes.
- You know how to lead and help our teams and clients through challenging situations while staying calm, collected and focussed on the goal. You see pressure as a necessity to create diamonds.
- Versatile doesn’t even begin to describe you. You are a jack-of-all-trades. Equally capable of engaging in RFPs, conducting executive board presentations, mentoring project managers and provide consultancy on most things digital.
- You have a flexible mindset. Clients are demanding co-location more often than not. Partial on-site presence and occasional travel should be expected and be seen as an opportunity.
- You thrive off customer contact. Whether it’s at our office or our client’s, you’re at home in front of the client. You can talk strategy, digital marketing and the big picture, but you also see the individual steps needed to get there and you know how to identify additional ways your team or Valtech can add value to our clients' business.
- You know your best practices within project, program and delivery management and have extensive experience with Scrum and Agile processes at scale (SAFe, LeSS). A certification in project management (e.g. PRINCE2, PMP, PMI) is an advantage, but not a requirement.
- 5+ years or proven experience in delivering large-scale digital solutions - ideally in a consulting environment.
- Develop, implement and maintain a detailed program plan, including appropriate controls, governance structures, timelines, budgets and quality outcomes.
- Lead communication and solution delivery across cross-functional operating teams and towards business/IT stakeholders.
- Evaluate and improve delivery practices.
- Managing third party contribution.
- Initiating extra activities and other management interventions wherever gaps in the program are identified or issues arise
- Contribute to the sales process, including RFIs/RFP activities.
- Create most program-related contracts.
- Apply Agile methodologies to the needs of the project (e.g. Scrum, Kanban, SAFe, LeSS)
- Proven knowledge of mainstream project management tools, frameworks and methodologies.
- PMI, PMP or PRINCE2 certification and experience with waterfall methodologies preferred, but not required.
- Validated experience in people management, strategic planning and risk management
- Excellent interpersonal skills and a strong 'Customer Focus'
- Outstanding written and verbal communication and presentation skills.
- Technological background or practical experience plus basic understanding of digital technologies and concepts such as eCommerce, Connected services, DevOps, IoT, continuous delivery etc.
- Sharp attention to detail and a drive for perfection
And here’s a little about us
Valtech is one of Denmark’s leading digital agencies. We have about 145 people working in multi-cultural environments in our waterside offices in Holmen, Copenhagen and in downtown Aarhus.
We interact across disciplines, trades, roles and teams. We are consultants before anything else and take ownership of our own work, clients and careers. We have an international, open and collaborative culture that opens up for unmatched opportunities for personal and professional development.
We have a role-based, transparent workplace based on democratic principles. We all experience a large degree of freedom with accountability. The same terms apply to everyone.
That means the same pension, health insurance, non-solicitation clause, fringe benefits and bonus scheme.
Our ambition is to be the leading global digital agency and the undisputed source of cutting edge, next-gen digital solutions that transform our clients’ digital presence and create measurable results.
As a part of the global Valtech Group with 3.000 colleagues in offices around the world, we provide people with the opportunity to work on global projects together with our other offices (so remember your passport) and to pursue an international career.
We like to deal with salary upfront. So when you apply, let us know your expectations.
We have on-going interviews so send your application as soon as possible by pressing the apply button.