Senior Software Engineer- Frontend Technologies (80-100%)
Valtech is a global business transformation agency delivering innovation with a purpose. We enable clients to anticipate tomorrow’s trends and connect more directly with consumers across their digital touch points while optimizing time-to-market and ROI .
We are a network of more than 3000 innovators, design thinkers, marketers, creatives and developers spanning 5 continents with offices in 16 countries (USA, UK, Canada, France, Germany, Netherlands, Sweden, Switzerland, Denmark, Brazil, China, India, Australia, Singapore, Argentina, Ukraine).
While our expertise is in technology, marketing and experience design, our passion is in addressing transformational business challenges for our clients, including strategy consulting, service design, technology services, and optimization of business-critical digital platforms for multichannel e-commerce and marketing.
To expand our team further in Valtech Switzerland are currently on the search for an experienced Senior Software Engineer - Frontend Technologies (m/w/d) to join the team:
- As an Senior within the web development team, you’ll be responsible for the scaffolding, design and implementation of modern JS based applications
- You are a “go to” technical advisor who is comfortable to interfaces frequently both with various stakeholders
- You are responsible for the definition and maintenance of architecture roadmaps and technical solutions for new and existing functionalities within Valtech projects
- You can wear multiple hats as a hands-on engineer but also a software architect
- You are confident to take ownership for the architecture qualities of front -end applications (e.g.: usability, accessibility, performance, etc.)
- You work with and support other Valtech engineers to generate and maintain high quality clean code according to the agreed coding standard and best practices
- You are passionate about frontend and remain up-to-date with the latest trend of ever-changing web front -end development and share your knowledge of new developments.
- You contribute to the Frontend Practice and seek to prepare, improve and introduce new approaches/methodologies/tools and techniques into the Practice.
- Work to meet delivery commitments of feature content throughout the whole Software Delivery Lifecycle (SDLC).
- You advise, support, mentor and share your knowledge with other Valtech team members on large scale web projects
- You furthermore support in the maintenance and extension of existing front -ends
- You thrive working alongside a range of specialist departments as a technical contact point before, during and after go-live
What you bring along
- Technical Degree or equivalent level of experience
- At least 6-8 years + experience in the development and architecture of complex frontend solutions
- You are an experienced agile frontend professional with years of architecture, build, development and leadership experience focused on new state of the art frontend applications.
- You hold strong experience within the design and build of SPA applications using various application building frameworks / libraries (React, Vue. Angular etc.)
- You have good knowledge and experience with NodeJS and its current ecosystem e.g. NPM, Gulp, Webpack or equivalent
- CSS preprocessors - SASS/LESS are no stranger to you
- You have strong knowledge, experience and focus on test coverage and automation using a variety of tools
- Further broad technical background (knowledge of various programming languages and environments, databases, operating systems) is an advantage
- You can wear multiple hats and are confident working with both business and technical stakeholders.
- You are a proficient German and English communicator
What we offer
Flexible work models
Our jobs wrap around our lives – not the other way around. Whether you’d like to work part-time or from home, we make sure to find a work model that fits your lifestyle.
Fair & Equal compensation
We keep up with the market standards and follow the principle of non-discrimination in compensation for work.
We offer a career, not just a job. Let us know the direction you want to take and profit from internal & external trainings and courses. Your personal and professional development is important to us.
Honesty, openness and respect are among our core values. We encourage an open feedback culture in order to build trust and grow together.
We enjoy spending time together, not only at work. Skiing, wine tasting or cooking classes - there are plenty of cool events to join and to get to know your colleagues.
We want you to stay with us! Our seniority allowance helps to re-charge your batteries more often with extra vacations after 3, 6, 10, 15 and 20 years.
We trust in the expertise, skills and actions of our companions. That’s why we offer flexibility and freedom that enables them to take responsibility and make decisions.
Broad Insurance package
Besides a fair salary, we offer a broad insurance package with above-average accident and illness benefits and a modern pension fund scheme.
Choice of Gear
The right equipment is essential to do great work. Select the brand you feel most comfortable with. We make sure you have everything you need.
Valtech does not accept applications through recruitment agencies for this position. All applications will be treated as direct applications.