Senior Frontend Engineer (f/m/x)- 80-100%
Greater Zürich, Baden, Bern
What technologies do you love to work with everyday? Looking to work on modern frameworks? Front of the Frontend or Back of the Frontend? Looking to work on enterprise scale greenfield technology projects? If the above resonates with you then great news- as this role offers all of the above, and a bit more.
We are growing our Frontend Dream Team, offering the opportunity to curious and experienced Frontend Engineers to join a team not only working on cool and bleeding edge projects but also to be part of a fantastic team with a fantastic culture supporting further career development and technical learning.
As a new Senior Frontend Engineer within our team, you’ll spend your time:
- Working within a cross functional and experienced web development team, where you’ll be responsible for the scaffolding, design and implementation of modern JS based applications (VueX,Vue3 & React focused)
- Interfacing frequently both with business and technical stakeholders
- Supporting the development, build and maintenance of architectural roadmaps and technical solutions for new and existing functionalities
- Contributing to the build of new features within client projects
- Supporting the maintenance, extension and refactoring of existing frontends
- Taking ownership for the development of front-end applications
- Collaborating with and supporting other Valtech engineers to generate and maintain high quality clean code according to the agreed coding standard and best practices
- Keeping up to date with the latest trend of everchanging web front-end development and sharing your knowledge of new developments.
- Contributing to the Frontend Practice and seek to prepare, improve and introduce new approaches/methodologies/tools and techniques into the Practice.
- The above list is not exhaustive of all responsibilities
Senior Frontend Engineer Essentials:
- You hold relevant technical education or equivalent level of experience within the following areas or similar : computer science, software engineering, application development, backend engineering.
- You hold 6+ years relevant practical and professional experience within frontend development in an agile project environment
- You are able to work on your both by your own initiative and as a team, have a good analytical understanding and are able to quickly work out complex issues.
- You have a good understanding of modern software architectures and engineering methods specifically React and/or Vue.JS (VX3)- other frameworks are nice to have but not essential
- You are comfortable working with GitBuild Pipeline, Jira, Selenium, Unit Testing (Jest) etc.
- You are a proficient English communicator- high level of understanding in German or French is also required.
About the Valtech Switzerland
You will join our international Swiss team made up of 130+ people, 30+ different nationalities and many mother tongues. Here at Valtech our jobs wrap around our lives – not the other way around. Whether you’d like to work part-time or from home, we make sure to find a work model that fits your lifestyle. Furthermore we understand that the right equipment is essential to do great work. When joining us you have the opportunity to select the brand you feel most comfortable with and we will make sure you have everything you need.
At work honesty, openness and respect reflect our core values and we encourage an open feedback culture in order to build trust and grow together. Outside of working time we offer plenty of optional downtime activities such as Ski trips, wine tasting or cooking classes to get to know your colleagues.
Valtech as an Equitable and Inclusive Employer
At Valtech, we’re here to engineer experiences that work and reach every single person. To do this, we are proactive about creating workplaces that work for every person at Valtech. Our goal is to create an equitable workplace which gives people from all backgrounds the support they need to thrive, grow and meet their goals (whatever they may be). You can find out more about what we’re doing to create a Valtech for everyone https://www.valtech.com/about/diversity-inclusion/.
Please do not worry if you do not meet all of the criteria or if you have some gaps in your CV. We’d love to hear from you and see if you’re our next member of the Valtech team