We are looking for highly motivated people to complete our Java team and start work with the greatest clients you might ever seen. It is all about eCommerce on a global level, either B2C or B2B projects. You will be the part of the international team: United Kingdom, Ukraine.
How we Deliver:
There are some fundamental principles to the way that we deliver. While we are pragmatic in our approach to any specific project, if you don’t share these values we are unlikely to be a good fit for you:
Agile methods have always emphasised the merit of teams with all the skills necessary to delivery on user’s needs. To work effectively in a multi-disciplinary team it helps to be genuinely interested in the work of those in other roles. We value the flexibility to pick up slack across other areas of capability as well as expertise and specialisation.
We find that diverse groups working together come to better solutions. In user testing this approach builds empathy in the team. In design we collaborate to test ideas and develop alternatives. As a team we work together to improve our approach.
This applies to product development as it applies to individuals. Our projects are designed to engage with uncertainty creating opportunities to learn. We use experiments, prototypes and hypotheses to learn about user behaviour, design algorithms and select technologies. Our communities of practice provide a space for us to improve and learn from peers. While as individuals a personal training budget enables opportunity to grow and develop.
When driving our projects, we focus on outcomes. Knowing how a project will be deemed a success by users and customers enables creativity and innovation.
The Ideal Candidate
- strong experience in Java 8, 11;
- strong Springboot development experiences;
- experience in working in Agile/Scrum;
- experience of Automated testing and TDD;
- experience working with distributed teams and clients;
- must have good English communication skills from Upper-Intermediate level.
- experience in docker and containerized microservices;
- knowledge of working with a CMS.
Ultimately you will be responsible for delivering the stories by creating scalable, resilient, and performant code. Being effective in software delivery isn’t all about the code though, and you will also be expected to:
- participate in workshops to help identify and refine user requirements;
- participate in the iterative design of the system, contributing effectively to technical conversations and apply knowledge of principles and patterns to problems;
- able to think independently, work through problems, and challenge decisions where appropriate;
- be able to work to a defined set of project technical standards;
- write automated tests, understand automated testing principles and, with our QA strategy, judge the appropriate use tests to ensure you deliver verifiable working code;
- work effectively on the code base with the team using managed source control systems, branching strategies, and good development practices.
As a consultant you are expected to develop expertise both in technology and in communicating complex concepts and rationale to non-techies. We’ll encourage and support this with frequent opportunities to share ideas internally. We also have consultants frequently deliver at regional, national and global conferences.
What Balance Means to Us
- a modern office, comfortable work environment, and the best available tools;
- business trips to Europe/US;
- 20 working days of vacation;
- medical insurance;
- sick leave (up to 20 days a year);
- unpaid leave (up to 20 days a year);
- paid days off (2 days);
- private entrepreneur leave (2 days);
- ability to work from home;
- professional certifications coverage - 100% (successfully passed);
- English classes;
- sport hobbies compensation;
- ability to participate in Global Valtech R&D initiatives (AR/VR projects and IoT projects).