The Opportunity We are looking for highly motivated people to complete our Java team and start work with the greatest clients you might ever seen. It is all about eCommerce on a global level, either B2C or B2B projects. You will be the part of the international team: Netherlands and Ukraine.
The Ideal Candidate
- minimum 4 years of Java development experience;
- proven experience with setting up, building and maintaining microservices architectures;
- experience of working with REST-based APIs and integrations with third party systems;
- knowledge of (and certification with) one or more cloud provider landscapes and their services for AWS, Azure or GCP;
- solid understanding of scaling, monitoring and logging when using cloud services for building applications;
- proven experience with setting up and maintaining continuous integration and delivery pipelines;
- experience with Docker and Kubernetes, preferably in enterprise environments;
- experience with infra-as-code solutions like Terraform;
- experience or affinity with Commerce and Experience platforms;
- bachelor or Master in Computer Science or equivalent;
- excellent spoken and written English.
- experience in other modern languages and frameworks like C#, Typescript, NodeJS, GoLang and Python or at least desire to learn one of them. Supporting a multitude of languages is preferable.
As a Java developer, you build and maintain the glue between touchpoints (websites, in-store kiosks, device touchscreen, apps, etc.) and cloud-native solutions. These can be third-party API based SaaS/PaaS solutions of partners that you configure and extend, but also (micro)services and applications that you yourself build using public cloud services. Occasionally you would even take the whole stack into your hands and create end-to-end solutions together with a team of colleagues working in different disciplines, ranging from cloud engineers (infra) to UI developers and from Business Analysts to Quality Assurance Engineers. Solutions involve integrations with frontends, third-party API's like Payment, and back-office systems, which act as systems of record for business-critical data. All of this, you do within the context of MACH architectures (Microservices, API-first, Headless, and Cloud-Native) leveraing SaaS and FaaS platforms like Commercetools, Contentstack, Contentful, Vue Storefront, and Frontastic. You have a keen eye for performance, stability, and traceability in everything you do and seek only the highest quality in code. Besides that, you don’t scare away easily of maintaining and running your own applications on a day-to-day basis, being responsible for (infra-as-code) deployments, and aligning with the cloud engineering team to get stuff done when responsibilities cross into their territory. You are a self-starter and can work both in larger scale teams as well as individually.
As a consultant you are expected to develop expertise both in technology and in communicating complex concepts and rationale to non-techies. We’ll encourage and support this with frequent opportunities to share ideas internally. We also have consultants frequently deliver at regional, national and global conferences.
What Balance Means to Us
- a modern office, comfortable work environment, and the best available tools;
- business trips to Europe/US;
- 20 working days of vacation;
- medical insurance;
- sick leave (up to 20 days a year);
- unpaid leave (up to 20 days a year);
- paid days off (2 days);
- private entrepreneur leave (2 days);
- ability to work from home;
- professional certifications coverage - 100% (successfully passed);
- English classes;
- sport hobbies compensation;
- ability to participate in Global Valtech R&D initiatives (AR/VR projects and IoT projects).