As a Senior Java Software Architect within Valtech you work on diverse and technical exciting projects, together with your colleagues and international clients like Yamaha and L’Oreal. Do you want to take responsibility for the architecture and technical choices of our development team?
What will you be doing as a Senior Java Software Architect:
You are the architect who doesn’t only like to design and develop Java applications for our clients. We would like to hear your ideas about technically challenging projects, the deployment of new technologies and your view on architecting in the field. You like to share your knowledge with others.
Furthermore, you will help less experienced colleagues in their development with your expertise and experience. Together with your manager you strive to take the department to a higher level, so we will always remain one step ahead of the clients' demands. Of course, you have a good relationship with them, but also with your other external stakeholders. You assure the quality of the technical requirements of your projects.
What do we ask of you as a Senior Java Software Architect?
You must be a self-starter who requires minimal supervision. It speaks for itself that you are analytical very strong and have a service driven mindset. You’re good in designing and developing complex, technical issues and solving them. You completed successful multiple projects working in an Agile team environment. Working with distributed teams to deliver projects in a timely manner without sacrificing on speed and quality is what you do best. You have excellent interpersonal and organizational skills, ability to handle diverse situations, multiple projects, and rapidly changing priorities. You communicate well in English, both orally and in writing. Do you also speak a little Dutch? Then you have an advantage.
Last but not least, you work very precize and you strive, together with your team, for the best results for your clients!
- Bachelor or Master degree in IT;
- 8+ years hands-on experience with object-oriented design and development, with proven working experience and knowledge of various architectural and design patterns;
- 6+ years hands-on design and development experience with the Java platform;
- Deep and broad technical knowledge, including (recent) hands-on programming skills (JDK 8+);
- Significant experience with technologies like the Spring Framework, ESB, RESTful API design, microservice architectures, etc;
- Strong understanding of web technologies and integrating back- and front-end components for high load websites;
- Strong understanding of infrastructure, preferably public cloud based (AWS, Azure, Google Cloud);
- Good understanding and proven implementation of DevOps pipelines: CD/CI, Ansible, Docker, Kubernetes, bash scripting;
- Experience developing enterprise-class system.
With Valtech we believe in an integrated cooperation with our clients. Usually we do that in our office, but also at the location of the client or at one of our other offices. This means that you, as an employee of Valtech, will often work at your own location, but occasionally also in another place. This requires flexibility and offers you the opportunity to expand your network.
What do you get in return?
Your performance defines your career and thereby also your salary increases. In addition to working conditions, which must always be good, we offer you growth prospects.
In consultation with your manager there are many possibilities to develop yourself. You will be guided internally while working on challenging assignments. It is also possible to participate in a course at our internal Academy or to follow a focused study plan. You may decide on your course of study yourself.
With us you will have the opportunity to work part-time and you will also be flexible in organizing your working hours.
There is always time for socializing between the work activities. Every Friday we download the week together in our own bar. You can also contact our active personnel association for all kinds of activities.
**Only candidates with a valid residence –and work permit are invited to apply**
No recruitment agencies please. We’ll fill this vacancy ourselves.