Senior Backend Engineer (f/m/x)- 80-100%
What technologies do you love to work with everyday? Looking to work on modern frameworks? T-Shaped interest with interest and experience in containerised and cloud technologies? Looking to work on enterprise scale greenfield technology projects? If the above resonates with you then great news- as this role offers all of the above, and a bit more.
We are looking for the sharpest coding minds to join our Java-oriented development team in Valtech Switzerland. So... Do you want to play a key role in keeping Valtech’s solutions at the forefront of digital? Do you want to work closely with some of the best developers out there? Then read on...
As a new Senior Backend Engineer within our team, you’ll spend your time:
- Supporting Valtech in various engagements to design, develop, test, and maintain architecturally sound, modular, customized and complex software applications and extensions (greenfield and existing)
- Leading and participating in the architecture, design, implementation and debugging of distributed, high performance applications built on Java code.
- Leveraging modern development and DevOps practices, including CI/CD, containerization and automated testing (incl. Docker/Kubernetes)
- Working in a multifaceted Agile project team which is fully responsible for their applications all the way from design, implementation through to production
- Maintaining system and design documentation and preparing materials for project reviews.
- Supporting the implementation, UAT (User Acceptance Testing) and production release for the project.
- Contributing to the Java API Practice and seeking to prepare, improve and introduce new approaches/methodologies/tools and techniques into the Practice.
- The above list is not exhaustive of all responsibilities
Senior Backend Engineer Essentials:
- You hold relevant technical education or equivalent level of experience within the following areas or similar: computer science, software engineering, application development, backend engineering.
- You hold 6+ years relevant practical and professional experience within backend development in an agile project environment
- You are able to work on your both by your own initiative and as a team, have a good analytical understanding and are able to quickly work out complex issues.
- You hold a solid knowledge of Java 11
- You have a good understanding of modern software architectures and engineering methods
- You have experience using the Spring ecosystem (IOC, Spring Boot, Sprint Data(JPA), Rest Services, Spring Security, JMS Modules)
- You are familiar with different databases– Mongo db, Mysql…
- You have experience working with CMS solution (ideally AEM)
- You have experience working within various sizes of Microservices
- You are comfortable working with Maven, Jenkins, Code Quality Tools (Sonar) and containerized solutions (Docker, Kubernetes)
- You may hold some initial understanding and experience working with cloud technologie
- You are a proficient English and French communicator
About the Valtech Switzerland
You will join our international Swiss team made up of 130+ people, 30+ different nationalities and many mother tongues. Here at Valtech our jobs wrap around our lives – not the other way around. Whether you’d like to work part-time or from home, we make sure to find a work model that fits your lifestyle. Furthermore we understand that the right equipment is essential to do great work. When joining us you have the opportunity to select the brand you feel most comfortable with and we will make sure you have everything you need.
At work honesty, openness and respect reflect our core values and we encourage an open feedback culture in order to build trust and grow together. Outside of working time we offer plenty of optional downtime activities such as Ski trips, wine tasting or cooking classes to get to know your colleagues.
Valtech as an Equitable and Inclusive Employer
At Valtech, we’re here to engineer experiences that work and reach every single person. To do this, we are proactive about creating workplaces that work for every person at Valtech. Our goal is to create an equitable workplace which gives people from all backgrounds the support they need to thrive, grow and meet their goals (whatever they may be). You can find out more about what we’re doing to create a Valtech for everyone https://www.valtech.com/about/diversity-inclusion/.
Please do not worry if you do not meet all of the criteria or if you have some gaps in your CV. We’d love to hear from you and see if you’re our next member of the Valtech team