We are an experienced innovation company!
We exist to unlock a better way to experience the world. Valtech is one of the largest global business transformation agencies. We design, build, and deliver transformative digital solutions for the world's best-known brands.
Experience and commerce platforms have drastically evolved over the last years in complex ecosystems that tie together multiple services of multiple vendors – also known as MACH or composable architecture. As a founding member of MACH Alliance, a group that educates enterprises on best-of-breed Microservices, APIs, Cloud, and Headless (MACH) technology, Valtech pioneers in how to properly build and manage those complex ecosystems. Site reliability engineering is at the core of our vision of how this modern-day distributed ecosystem should and can be managed.
We are looking for a Site Reliability Engineer (SRE). Are you passionate about Site Reliability Engineering, do you have an eye for SLIs, SLOs, and automation, do you hate toil and intend to do something about it, and does it excite you to get things done in close collaboration with people around the globe? Would you like the freedom to choose to either work from the comfort of your home and also have the opportunity to visit any of our offices close to you? Then you might be the person we’re looking for! Keep reading to find out.
What will you be doing?
As a Site Reliability Engineer (SRE), you will be the bridge between software development and operations. You will help us to deliver reliable speed to our clients, allowing them to leverage the benefits of continuous deployment without losing grip on customer experience. You will work with our multidisciplinary teams in an essential DevOps way of working where your main responsibility is to keep everyone focused on production, while creating the facilities to do so.
Your responsibilities will be:
- Work with teams to define SLIs and SLOs
- Creating systems for observability
- Work with teams to analyze failure scenario’s and possible mitigations.
- (Assisting to) create runbooks to remediate or prevent failure scenarios.
- Reduce work that does not add value.
- Participate and facilitate incident management including On Call Duty.
While we don't expect candidates to be proficient in every listed skill, a realistic blend of these skills is essential. We value individuals who not only bring existing expertise but also contribute innovative ideas and have a keen interest in learning and adopting new skills.
What do we expect from you?
- 5 years of experience in the field of software engineering, devops engineer, qa engineering and/or cloud engineering
- 2+ years as a Site Reliability Engineer
- Experience with incident management on a production environment of a public facing online service
- Knowledge of serverless services in one or more public cloud providers (AWS, Azure, GCP)
- Experience with pipelining tools (GitHub, Azure DevOps, Gitlab, Jenkins)
- Experience with microservices-related technology: Docker, Kubernetes
- Experience with monitoring systems, amongst which APM systems (Datadog, New Relic, Dynatrace, Prometheus, Grafana)
- Good conceptual understanding of software architecture and system thinking
- Experience of working as an engineer in a DevOps context
- Upper-Intermediate English level
- Knowledge of the following technologies: Datadog (or APM equivalent), Argos CI/CD, Java/Springboot, Kafka
What do we offer in return?
A sunny terrace to enjoy a few drinks 🥂 with your colleagues and our BBQs
Regular online and onsite events 🤙
Remote work-friendly 👩💻
Mingling with your colleagues at Café Valtech ☕
A team who serious about getting things done while not taking itself too seriously 😁 Personal study budget and time – we take learning very seriously 👨🏫 and want you to be able to improve your skills
Weekly Tech Along where you can talk about different topics – some of them might not even be related to tech at all 🎾
Health insurance 👩⚕️ with the option to add family members
Partnerships with OpenUp and Urban Sports Club – we care deeply about your health, safety, and mental well-being 🍀
Home office budget to improve your workstation and get you ready to shine 🤩
A Coverflex budget to allocate in whatever suits your preferences 💸
Our recruitment process:
- Introduction video call with Recruiter
- Technical video interview with a Hiring Manager and team member
- Final video cultural and business interview with Leadership.
Diversity and Inclusion at Valtech
At Valtech, we’re here to engineer experiences that work and reach every single person. To do this, we are proactive about creating workplaces that work for every person at Valtech. Our goal is to create an equitable workplace that gives people from all backgrounds the support they need to thrive, grow and meet their goals (whatever they may be). You can find out more about what we’re doing to create a Valtech for everyone here.