Valtech is a multi-award winning digital agency with 3000 talented people in 45 beautiful offices across 16 countries. We work with some of the world’s best known brands, from airlines and travel companies, to the leading retailers, luxury brands and automotive and B2B companies. We also have a lasting legacy with the UK Government built over 25 years of transforming the user experience to improve lives. So, whether you are renewing a Blue Badge, booking your next holiday or ordering your Friday night takeaway, we’re at the heart of it.
We transform our clients’ businesses and offer transformative job opportunities for those who join us. We transform by doing across commerce, connected experiences, digital platforms, marketing and more.
Our culture, philosophy and working practices are geared towards crafting clean and robust code. We have created a developer friendly environment that is geared to producing to solutions that we can be proud of. We value unconventional thinking and challenging industry norms.
We are founding member of the MACH Alliance, whose goal it is to help enterprise organizations navigate the complex modern technology landscape. We aim to guide and show how businesses can benefit from open tech ecosystems that are Microservices based, API-first, Cloud-native SaaS and Headless.
Candidate Technical Profile:
This is a multi-faceted role with a breadth of responsibility: you will be an innovator, technical architect and developer, confident leading new client engagements and liaising with customers.
You will be a confident facilitator comfortable both listening to and sharing technical ideas. The solutions will be full lifecycle projects and your involvement will be central to the success at each phase of the lifecycle.
You will have a broad and polyglot technical background, full stack Web Solutions development, experience in the Architectural space, and more recently with a deep knowledge of React and Node.
- Building strong relationships with client business & technology stakeholders
- Being comfortable interfacing direct with senior client teams and explaining technical concepts in business language
- Being hands on shipping code but also leading the team around you
- Being comfortable defining architectural approaches, agreeing them with client stakeholders and implementing them with your team
- Experience working with multi-disciplinary teams, including user researchers, business analysts and user experience designers, and experience integrating design systems into the workflow
- Strong agile experience, understanding the benefits of agile delivery within the software development lifecycle and with a strong focus on value delivery
- Strong communication skills, with a transparent, supportive and inclusive approach
You will be passionate about developing best in class digital solutions. You will be an advocate for clean code and have the versatility to move with the times and absorb the appropriate technologies at the right time.
We’re looking for someone with a maker mentality, who wants to join a company full of diverse, intelligent and talented people. Someone who wants to shake things up and fill their days with problem solving, innovation and phenomenal client projects. Someone who is ready to do the best work of their life…. things they are really and genuinely proud of, with opportunities to travel far and wide, learn every day and to really and truly meet their potential.