Senior User Experience Designer
What we are looking for:
At Valtech, we engineer incredible Customer Experiences that are human-centric and enable maximal flexibility and value, as well as actionable data and insights out of our customer’s digital marketing platform stacks. Our Chicago office is a mix of Designers, Engineers, Futurists and Makers, all aligned across functions to deliver useful, innovative and engaging digital experiences. We are looking for a Sr User Experience Designer to help lead our customers through the creation of best-in-class responsive web experiences, and Design Systems.
This role will collaborate with Creative, Strategy, Tech, as well as the Accounts teams to bring to life digital experiences across our portfolio of clients. This role requires a strong “creative pragmatic” mindset. You will have a sharp vision of how to balance component-based design and flexible UX with forward-thinking and innovative approaches. This requires a special intuition to not only empathize with the clients’ users, but also to recognize the business impacts of UX decisions.
As the Sr UX Designer, the successful candidate will have ownership over the entire UX design process of a project, (supported by Jr UX Designers, Strategist, and Visual Designer) in collaboration with other team members, to balance business needs with consumer and strategic insights.
- Medical: Options starting at 100% medical coverage for employees and we cover 85% for spouses, partners, and dependents, we contribute $2500 cash towards your family HSA
- 401K Matching immediately vested.
- Minimum of 30 days PTO.
- Up to 8 Weeks Parental Leave.
- Home office set up stipend.
- 2pm Summer Fridays.
Back to the role:
- Lead the iterative user experience design process, both with clients and Valtech team
- Closely collaborate with other disciplines (e.g. Product Manager, Solution Architect, Content Strategist) from concept through execution while advocating for user experience and design
- Support the project management team to estimate project efforts, resourcing and timing
- Create organizing principles, user flows and site maps
- Sketch, wireframe, design, prototype and document user experience solutions to communicate design strategies and interaction behaviors to the client and technology team
- Orchestrate user research and testing as needed for larger-scale digital initiatives
- Provide direction and oversite of contract and/or agency resources
- Inspire, cultivate & grow the User Experience practice at Valtech. Including systems, processes, best-practices, mentorship, training and recruiting
What you should have:
- 5+ years of experience in UI/UX design
- Experience working within a multi-disciplinary team environment and synthesizing respective input with agility
- Ability to understand customer or business needs, translate them into actionable deliverables
- Deep understanding of systems thinking and component-based design patterns
- Knowledgeable in Design Thinking process + methodologies/frameworks
- Understand and implement best practices for usability and accessibility across all devices
- Proficiency to clearly articulate strategic rationale for design decisions and the flexibility to know when to adapt your approach or recommendations based on feedback
- Exceptional attention to detail and multi-tasking capabilities to effectively deliver on multiple client deliverables and deadlines simultaneously
- Comfort with ambiguity and working autonomously with little supervision
Here’s a little about us: