Here’s a little about us:
Valtech is a global business transformation agency delivering innovation with a purpose. We enable clients to anticipate tomorrow’s trends and connect more directly with consumers across their digital touch points while optimizing time-to-market and ROI. We are a network of more than 3000 innovators, design thinkers, marketers, creatives and developers spanning 5 continents with offices in 16 countries (USA, UK, Canada, France, Germany, Netherlands, Sweden, Switzerland, Denmark, Brazil, China, India, Australia, Singapore, Argentina, Ukraine). While our expertise is in technology, marketing and experience design, our passion is in addressing transformational business challenges for our clients, including strategy consulting, service design, technology services, and optimization of business-critical digital platforms for multichannel e-commerce and marketing.
What we are looking for:
Valtech Chicago is looking for a User Experience Designer to join our growing ranks of talented, ambitious and creative techies. We’re the boutique arm of a 3000+ person digital powerhouse agency, allowing us to think local while acting global. We’re doing amazing work for exciting brands and need your UX skills and leadership to amplify our offering.
We are design focused and put the consumer at the centre of every brand. The UX Designer we’re looking for is a master of their craft who loves to roll-up their sleeves and get in the weeds on projects. You’ll be an active participant through the lifecycle of a project (from strategy to launch) and should be very comfortable communicating with everyone from the client’s executive team approving your concepts to back-end developers building the site. You should have a passion for finding creative, user-focused solutions and efficiencies within the boundaries of content management systems or reference architectures.
What you will do:
- Participate in the gathering of requirements and goals and then create mock-ups and prototypes that lead to intuitive, brand compliant and accessible user experiences
- Leverage web analytics, heatmaps, user flows, and tests, to influence decisions and improve the UX
- Create, or optimize existing, information architectures, taxonomies, and component library schemes that support the user experience and maintenance efficiency
- Work with or create resources such as designs systems and component libraries
- Work closely with Business Analysts, Developers and clients on project planning and as they implement your designs
- Partner with other creative services, marketing agencies and external designers to ensure the creation and delivery of digital experiences
- Develop and present creative concepts that display interactive elements and visual overviews to clients
- Demonstrate a solid understanding of production techniques, options, and project timing
- Understand trends and experiment with different forms of user-centric design, either by using pre-defined concepts, or by developing new ideas and reviewing them with the team
- Maintain a current knowledge of web accessibility guidelines, ensure the UX is compliant, and educate the team and client where required on the needs for compliance
- Set an example and create opportunities to foster collaborative cross-discipline dynamics which will drive delivery excellence and further UX influence within Valtech and client organizations
What you should have:
- First and foremost, true dedication to the end user
- 4+ years of UX experience preferably with a digital agency
- Deep understanding of accessibility standards, wireframing, prototyping, user research and testing
- Demonstrated experience creating information architectures that support both the site’s content and functionality
- Exhibit strict attention to detail and time management skills
- Self-driven, inspired, and motivated—we seek people who take pride in their work
- Strong collaboration and ability to work effectively with cross-functional teams while also able to work well independently with little supervision
· User interface design fluency with Adobe Creative Suite, Figma, Sketch, InVision, and/or Adobe XD
- Experience on a CMS platform such as Sitecore, EpiServer or Adobe Experience Manager a solid plus.
Interested? To apply please submit
· Link to your online Portfolio, or a PDF version, or at least 3 samples of your work
· 1 Paragraph Bio describing your qualifications for this role
What we offer:
- We offer competitive compensation, great benefits including Medical, Dental and Vision benefits
- Paid Vacation, Sick and Holidays
- 401k with match
- Professional development and training opportunities-Valtech Academy
- Beautiful offices in downtown Chicago
- Plenty of healthy foods and snacks to enjoy daily
- Fun company events- Culture club, happy hours, company outings
SHARE DARE CARE
Want to be part of a great company? Then join our fast-growing business/team and apply now. We're excited to hear from you!