Want to be part of an awesome global digital agency?
Want to join a team of innovators, doers and thinkers?
Want to have fun while working with cutting edge technologies and super cool clients?
Are you an amazing Senior Full-Stack Engineer? If so, we want to hear from you!
At Valtech, our quest for top- talent never ends. Start exploring Valtech now.
**Even if you don’t meet all the requirements listed, we still encourage you to apply**
Here’s a little about us:
Valtech is a global business transformation agency delivering innovation with a purpose. We enable clients to anticipate tomorrow’s trends and connect more directly with consumers across their digital touch points while optimizing time-to-market and ROI. We are a network of more than 3000 innovators, design thinkers, marketers, creatives and developers spanning 5 continents with offices in 16 countries (USA, UK, Canada, France, Germany, Netherlands, Sweden, Switzerland, Denmark, Brazil, China, India, Australia, Singapore, Argentina, Ukraine).
While our expertise is in technology, marketing and experience design, our passion is in addressing transformational business challenges for our clients, including strategy consulting, service design, technology services, and optimization of business-critical digital platforms for multichannel e-commerce and marketing.
We come from all over the world, which means you’ll always find someone to connect with and learn from. Our international culture positions the Valtech team to work on global projects with a lasting positive impact.
SHARE CARE DARE
What we offer:
- We offer competitive compensation, great benefits including Medical, Dental and Vision benefits
- Paid Vacation, Sick and Holidays
- 401K with match
- Professional development and training opportunities-Valtech Academy
- Fun company events- Culture club, happy hours, company outings
What we are looking for:
Senior Full-Stack Engineer
Active member of our Connected Experiences team. You will contribute towards the success of our clients in implementing technology disruption inside their organizations primarily in a business-to-consumer context. You will develop leading-edge interactive experiences for our clients’ guests. You will explore technology solutions, develop prototypes, and then implement production solutions in coordination with both internal, client, and partner teams. You will be encouraged to continue to develop your skills, share your knowledge with team members and peers, and encourage others to also be their best.
A successful Sr. Full-Stack Engineer is a sharp developer, engineer, highly adaptable, curious about new technologies, shows strong initiative, is able to work independently, has a driving desire to grow professionally, and is energized by working in a team environment. This position requires a focus on end-user experiences, client-facing skills, and a strong understanding of the project lifecycle. You must be a self-motivated individual and take pride in delivering high-quality work within a fast-paced, dynamic environment while still ensuring end-users have fun!
The Connected Experiences team is focused on imagining and implementing experiences where end-users interact with technology in innovative new ways sometimes not resembling technology at all. The team owns ideation, architecture, development, and installation of Connected Experiences in collaboration with our client partners.
What you will do:
- Provide effort estimates and solution approaches for customer needs, sometimes from a quick “sales” point of view. Helps position solutions and options to client business stakeholders
- Participates in technical discoveries with clients and internal stakeholders
- Leads development processes, solution design, and build implementation towards the on-budget, on-time, high-quality delivery of client projects
- Contributes to and executes processes and practices towards delivery excellence, team happiness & client satisfaction.
- Researches new technology, seeks vendors and resources that alight with the client’s technical strategies
- Identifies ways to increase peer and client-staff knowledge and skills to support future growth both at the agency and client levels
- Participates in the creation of prototypes and proofs-of-concept to quickly learn-validate-iterate
What you should have:
- Client-facing experience, consultative role (agency or business consulting)
- Strong experience with SaaS and cloud-based solutions ● Excellent presentation and communication skills
- Experience with requirements gathering, technical and non-technical documentation
- Knowledge of ALM tools (Jira, TeamCity, TFS, Git, etc.)
- Knowledge of agile principles – scrum, backlog, etc.
- Self-directed, dynamic, and excellent problem-solving skills
- Ability to learn from all projects, both successes, and failures, while retaining a positive attitude towards learning from past mistakes
- Proven expertise in full-stack development (Web UX/UI, REST APIs, Backend, DB modeling, CI/CD, and Deployment automation)
- Strong with Linux or MacOS command-line tools and Bash shell scripting
- Strong awareness of web performance factors, including on-page as well as external solutions (CDN, caching, etc.)
- Experience with automated testing for both backend and frontend
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Systems Management, other Engineering discipline or equivalent field experience
- 7+ Years of industry experience
- Full-stack development experience (REST APIs Backend, DB modeling, CI/CD and Deployment automation, Web UX/UI, HTML/CSS)
- Expertise with React or Vue for Web UI and the typical tools (like Webpack, etc.)
- Ability to design and develop highly reliable, fault-tolerant systems
- Well versed in Automated Testing and Unit Testing
- Experience with cloud infrastructure providers (examples: AWS, Azure, Google Cloud)
- Familiarity with Agile development methodologies
- Experience using virtualization technologies for development and production
- Experience with infrastructure as code
- Experience with databases
- Skills we consider a plus:
- Cloud-First Solutions
- Experience with React Native, Chef, Ansible, RabbitMQ, MongoDB, ExpressJS, Cloud CI/CD, Elasticsearch, Kibana, Logstash, GraphQL
- DevOps, Containers, Docker
- Background in Test-Driven Design