So you can perform a keyword analysis? How about a 200-site migration? For one of the world's largest retail brands in a best-of-breed CMS? Oh, and aligning technology, content and authority with internal and external stakeholders to set the basis for worldwide organic growth is also part of the task. If you didn't run away screaming, you might be our person! Valtech is looking for an experienced Search Engine Optimization Specialist and Consultant.
What will you be doing?
In this role, you will be responsible for developing and executing comprehensive organic search strategies across our client's web platforms. Your direct colleagues will be our digital marketing consultants, digital strategists, analysts and development teams. Together you are going to deliver value to our global clients. You are the ambassador for search engine optimization with internal and external stakeholders. Next to this, you will do the following things:
- Conduct audits on technology, content and authority and present the results as comprehensive strategies to our clients
- Create a backlog with optimizations, discuss priorities with stakeholders and execute improvements
- Be a part of development teams for large-scale website projects, setting the standard for findability, crawlability and indexability. You will fill the development backlog and create acceptance criteria, in alignment with a digital marketing consultant or directly with the product owner or client stakeholders
- Perform quality assurance for newly built SEO functionalities
- Perform large scale migrations with extensive redirect activities and organic monitoring
- Set up continuous improvement programs. Continuously ideate and execute off-site, on-site and on-page improvements to grow organic KPI’s, including keyword strategies and research, user intent analysis, management of crawl budget, reporting automation, link building strategies, etcetera.
- Manage webmaster tools beyond Google, including Bing, Naver and Yandex
- Align with consultants and channel specialists from our Data and Content & Campaigns teams for marketing synergy and increased impact
- Act as a consultant in your field, a discussion partner who finds the best solution for a challenge, with a bird’s-eye view beyond organic alone.
- You’ll be a member of our international marketing services team. Here, you and your colleagues form part of a growing circle that works together closely to create a shared impact for some wonderful brands.
What do we expect from you?
- A bachelor’s or master’s degree in marketing or a marketing-related major
- 3-5+ years of experience in digital marketing and SEO
- Deep understanding of organic search, SEO trends and best practices, with tech SEO as your main driver
- Experience in a few tools like Moz, Searchmetrics, Deepcrawl, Ahrefs
- You can turn your knowledge and insights into actionable advice for different audiences
- Experience with Sitecore, Episerver or Adobe CMS and scrum/agile development is a big plus
- General understanding of digital marketing, including digital analytics, campaigns and content
- Professional level mastery of English, both in speaking and writing
- Solid communication skills, a self-starting mentality and passion for your field of expertise
- A positive attitude, keenness to learn and willingness to take risks, to fail, and adapt
What do we offer in return?
Excellent employment terms and conditions, a competitive salary and plenty of room to develop yourself. How quickly your career and salary advance depends entirely on you – with some help from your team captain, of course. Our internal Academy will also help you to continually develop your skills.
In addition, you can also follow a work-related educational program with an external provider. And because work, learning and private life are increasingly intertwined, you can arrange your working hours flexibly, to match your creative peaks.
Furthermore, you'll get this:
- 25 vacation days. Want more? You can buy up to 10 days extra
- Pension scheme
- Travel allowance (every colleague get an NS Businesscard)
- Group health insurance
- Laptop and mobile phone
What does our recruitment process look like?
We strive to provide our candidates with a simple, fair and transparent recruitment process.
Outlined below you can learn more about the different stages of our recruitment process:
1. Application received
2. CV/phone screening by Recruitment
3. CV screening by Hiring Manager
4. 1st interview*
5. 2nd interview
*for some of our vacancies an assessment (after 1st interview) is part of our process.
In light of the COVID-19 pandemic, all our interviews and assessments are taking place remotely (online via Teams)