What gets you out of bed in the morning?
Constantly expanding your Sitecore knowhow? Working in an international, diverse team of designers, UX’ers and developers? Running large scale projects for global clients? Finding the right technical solution for a customers business? Glad to hear it – as this job offers all of the above, and a bit more.
What will you be doing?
As a Sitecore Developer (m/f/d) within Valtech you will be facing interesting questions about the implementation of large-scale software systems that need to handle daily challenges of scaling, resilience and performance.
As a Sitecore Developer you are expected to develop expertise both in technology and the means to communicate complex concepts and rationale to non-techies. We’ll encourage and support this with frequent opportunities to share ideas internally. We also have Consultants frequently deliver at regional, national and global conferences.
Being effective in software delivery isn’t all about the code, we’ll be looking to see good experience and awareness across many of the following areas:
- You are fluency in English and have strong written and verbal communication skills, as well as a high level of personal organization.
- You are comfortable working through structured, modular, and well-documented development processes, but also have enough flexibility to work in a mid-size and busy company working in teams on rapid-development projects.
- Maturity, creativity, strong problem-solving abilities, a detail-oriented and best practices approach to one’s work, and the general ability to understand client needs expressed in multiple types of requirements are a must.
- You are meticulous, able to multitask, have a high level of focus, and have a strong inherent interest in developing outstanding websites that solve real world problems. A focus on completing scheduled work within budgeted hours for a project, and the ability to meet deadlines are essential.
The position includes:
• Assisting in requirements gathering
• Providing critical review of wireframes and functional designs
• Developing solution architecture and database design
• Generating requirements documentation
• Performing problem-solving around new technologies and API integrations
• Coding the project and managing the tasks of co-developers as well as code review of co-developers
• Performing load, performance and scalability testing
• Managing bug fixing during the Q/A phases
• Performing deployments to production environments
• Writing documentation for and performing client training
• Supporting existing websites with new development and performing maintenance tasks
Technical Skills that are required:
The position requires the developer to possess at least 1 year of professional Sitecore experience and at least 3 - 5+ years of professional .Net experience. Should be able to demonstrate current capabilities that are comparable to our existing standards:
• ASP.Net (C#)
• Visual Studio
• Object-oriented programming concepts
• Relational database concepts
• HTML and CSS
• Technical writing (English language edits, updates to requirements and technical specifications).
Impress us with further skills like:
• Other Major 3rd party CMS (i.e., Umbraco, EpiServer, Sitefinity, etc.)
• TDS, TFS/VSTS experience (Dev Ops)
• Other continuous integration tools (i.e., Octopus, Team City, Hudson, Jenkins, etc.)
• Git source control management
• Performance and functional testing tool use
What do we offer in return?
- You can expect a highly professional working environment in a friendly team, where team spirit and knowledge transfer are not empty phrases and where flat hierarchies are not just a buzz word.
- A long-term opportunity with what is likely to be a growing team in Sofia, and a chance to learn Sitecore, which is a dominant platform for large websites and web applications.
- Your opportunity to work with a global company focused on best practices, with interesting, complex projects that are highly interesting and at times on the forefront of web development.
Along with your resume, please send examples of work in the form of URLs (public Github repositories, live websites or stage sites), with a general overview of what your role was related to the work examples provided.
Diversity and Inclusion at Valtech
At Valtech, we’re here to engineer experiences that work and reach every single person. To do this, we are proactive about creating workplaces that work for every person at Valtech. Our goal is to create an equitable workplace that gives people from all backgrounds the support they need to thrive, grow and meet their goals (whatever they may be). You can find out more about what we’re doing to create a Valtech for everyone here.