Toyota Motor Europe sound familiar?
Valtech is creating a portfolio of online services from design to implementation for Toyota’s newest devices. So, these services will become a part of the multimedia system of new Toyota vehicles. You will be part of the international extremely professional team of over 30 people. Sound’s interesting?
- 5+ years of software development experience;
- 2+ years of technical leadership and people management experience (managing teams of 4 or more people);
- experience in integrations using REST, Websocket, GRPC;
- Spring Boot, React, SASS development experiences;
- experience with Maven, Parcel, npm;
- knowledge of Agile methodologies;
- interest and ability to learn other coding languages and technologies as needed;
- ability to communicate in English fluently;
- ability to work in an agile environment;
- well-developed presentation and communication skills;
- ability to coach and mentor colleagues;
- critical thinking and ability to solve non-trivial problems;
- business trips availability.
- practical experience with Automotive projects;
- having a driving license is a plus.
What Balance Means to Us
- a modern office, comfortable work environment, and the best available tools;
- business trips to Europe/US;
- 20 working days of vacation;
- medical insurance;
- sick leave (up to 20 days a year);
- unpaid leave (up to 20 days a year);
- paid days off (2 days);
- private entrepreneur leave (2 days);
- ability to work from home;
- professional certifications coverage — 100% (successfully passed);
- English classes;
- sport hobbies compensation;
- ability to participate in Global Valtech R&D initiatives (AR/VR projects and IoT projects).
As a Software Engineering Lead, you must demonstrate not only the technical expertise required to complete large projects and technical leadership, but also manage a team of engineers. You not only optimize your own deliverables but make sure engineers are able to optimize theirs. As a Software Engineering Lead, you manage your project goals, contribute to product strategy, and help develop your team. You will work in one of our agile international teams and develop under Linux, macOS, or Windows with IntelliJ as IDE for the connected vehicle and develop new solutions based on current market requirements. You will be a part of the international team of around 30 people, working all over Europe with a center in Brussell. As a part of the team, you will develop the new multimedia system for Toyota’s vehicles. You are going to participate in the decision-making process for the solutions to be applied. This role is a great chance to influence the World’s top-notch company’s solutions.
- manage a team of software engineers, including task planning, code reviews, mentoring sessions, and performance reviews;
- drive technical projects and provide leadership in an innovative and fast-paced environment;
- contribute technically to projects — design, develop, test, deploy, maintain, and improve the software;
- work closely with the product management team to ensure we’re building the best products;
- focus on overall product quality and user experience;
- write technical documentation and educational materials;
- showcase deliverables to business stakeholders.
As a consultant, you are expected to develop expertise both in technology and in communicating complex concepts and rationale to non-techies. We’ll encourage and support this with frequent opportunities to share ideas internally. We also have consultants who frequently deliver at regional, national, and global conferences.