Valtech Ukraine is establishing a new R&D unit.
We are looking for professionals who can act as trusted advisors, and not just take and execute orders. Professionals who can generate new ideas, pitch them to stakeholders, take responsibility, and bring new products and services to life. Professionals who respect colleagues and help to grow each other by providing coaching and mentorship. Professionals who love to learn new things, passionate about technology, and are not afraid to experiment. We need our engineers to be versatile, show leadership, and enthusiastically tackle new challenges as we continue to push new innovative ideas and technologies to exceed the expectations of our customers.
The Ideal Candidate
- 7+ years of software development experience;
- 2+ years of technical leadership and people management experience (managing teams of 4 or more people);
- experience in any of the following: web or mobile application development, Microservices Architecture, platform customization and development, e-commerce;
- interest and ability to learn other coding languages and technologies as needed;
- ability to communicate in English fluently;
- ability to work in an agile environment;
- well-developed presentation and communication skills;
- ability to coach and mentor colleagues;
- critical thinking and ability to solve non-trivial problems;
- Master’s, PhD degree, further education or experience in engineering, computer science or other technical related fields;
- experience developing new software products and/or services.
As a Software Engineering Lead, you must demonstrate not only the technical expertise required to complete large projects and technical leadership, but also manage a team of engineers. You not only optimize your own deliverables but make sure engineers are able to optimize theirs. As a Software Engineering Lead, you manage your project goals, contribute to product strategy, and help develop your team.
You will work in an agile environment, from creating experiments and prototyping to developing new architectures, products, and services.
Your typical tasks include: researching new technologies and trends, developing and promoting ideas, creating concepts and prototypes, writing code and documentation, reporting to stakeholders on a daily basis, managing and developing your engineering team by being proactive in recruiting and onboarding new hires, helping develop growth plans and programs, providing regular mentoring sessions and performance reviews.
— manage a team of software engineers, including task planning, code reviews, mentoring sessions, and performance reviews;
— drive technical projects and provide leadership in an innovative and fast-paced environment;
— contribute technically to projects — design, develop, test, deploy, maintain, and improve the software;
— work closely with the product management team to ensure we’re building the best products;
— focus on overall product quality and user experience;
— write technical documentation and educational materials;
— showcase deliverables to business stakeholders.
What Balance Means to Us
- a modern office, comfortable work environment, and the best available tools;
- business trips to Europe/US;
- 20 working days of vacation;
- medical insurance;
- sick leave (up to 20 days a year);
- unpaid leave (up to 20 days a year);
- paid days off (2 days);
- private entrepreneur leave (2 days);
- ability to work from home;
- professional certifications coverage - 100% (successfully passed);
- English classes;
- sport hobbies compensation;
- ability to participate in Global Valtech R&D initiatives (AR/VR projects and IoT projects).
Insight into Valtech Ukraine
In Valtech Ukraine our teams are mostly focused on technical delivery of enterprise level projects for Retail, Finance, FMCG and Hospitality verticals. We closely work with our European and other global colleagues to accelerate digital transformations for our clients. We are 200+ consultants and we deliver experiences from Kyiv, Kharkiv, Dnipro, Chernihiv and Chernivtsi.