Who are we?
Valtech is a global digital agency that focuses on business transformation for our clients. Founded in 1993, Valtech has established itself as one of the largest independent global agency groups with more than 3.000 exceptional individuals operating out of 40+ offices in 15 countries.
Valtech has an exciting opportunity for you to join our awesome team as a Solution Architect. You will be working on some of the most exciting, high-profile projects in the industry.
You will need to be familiar and comfortable with working in fast-paced agile environments, and have experience working with multiple teams, based across multiple geographies and in different organisations.
This role offers the opportunity to deliver cutting edge cloud-based solutions using a wide range of skills. These solutions are all based on modern architecture patterns and technologies. We have a great mentoring capability within the organisation that will allow you to upskill in new technologies that you might not be as confident in.
You will need to translate business requirements into technical solutions, and effectively communicate with internal teams, client teams and senior stakeholders on your design. A key part of your role will be working with delivery teams to ensure alignment to your design and requirements.
The ideal candidate will combine excellent technical skills and communications expertise with a collaborative approach that will demonstrate the value of communications and stakeholder engagement.
- Provide technical leadership in transforming requirements to solutions and technical designs, while working as a key member of cross functional delivery team(s); distributed across multiple geographies and organisations.
- Acting as a trusted advisor to clients, providing pragmatic solutions to real world problems.
- Provide technical leadership on proof of concepts to establish architectural patterns for new products and service offerings.
- Responsible for refactoring existing solutions while embracing cloud-first strategy, leveraging the full stack across SaaS, PaaS, and IaaS offerings
- Guide the impact assessment on various change initiatives around current and future technology landscape.
- Review evolving requirements and work with stakeholders to make enhancements/changes to the architecture through a collaborative process with the product team(s)
- Ensure solutions are in-line with the target state, with significant focus on non-functional aspects of the solution.
- Drive recommendations for improvements across the functional and non-functional aspects of the solution.
- Create and deliver architecture and design artefacts, while ensuring completeness of solution.
- Evangelize use of design patterns, industry standards and best practices, and contribute to the companies Communities of Practice.
- Provide advice and support in performance tuning, troubleshooting, cost optimization and other implementation or operational challenges
- Work closely with architects and technical leads from clients or suppliers, on solution designs through a constructive, challenging but collaborative approach.
- Review designs from the delivery partner and systems integrator teams to ensure they are consistent with the enterprise architecture and design principles.
- Identify where compromises are made that diverge from the solution architecture and ensure their consequences are well communicated to both technical and semi-technical stakeholders, so that they are understood and properly decided upon
- Ensure appropriate documentation is maintained throughout the project lifecycle.
- Contribute to the development and evolution of architecture, technical roadmap, technology governance processes, architecture principles, design guidelines and relevant standards within the organisation and our clients.
- Get involved in pre-sales activities and support our sales teams in bringing in new opportunities.
To be considered for this role:
We are looking for someone with a maker mentality, who wants to join a company full of diverse, intelligent, and talented people. Someone who wants to shake things up and fill their days with problem-solving, innovation and phenomenal client projects. Someone who is ready to do the best work of their life…. things they are really and genuinely proud of, learn every day, to really and truly meet their potential and to shine on the global stage.
Your Architecture Expertise:
- Extensive work experience as an architect, with recent experience in architecting and designing solutions in an architectural capacity e.g., integration architect, application architect, software architect, solution architect., Technical Lead or Technical Architect.
- Experience architecting cloud native solutions, leveraging containers, microservices, APIs, PaaS capabilities, variety of data storage technologies, IAM.
- Experience in technical governance, performing quality reviews, performing reviews of the architecture and design deliverables from technical teams and working collaboratively to help them fill in the identified gaps.
- Experience working across all the various stages of the project / product lifecycle, right from pre-sales into operationalisation, support, and eventual decommissioning.
Your Technical Expertise:
- Comfortable working with Cloud Platforms with experience of at least one of Azure, AWS, GCP
- Sufficient level of relevant technical background (from development or technical background) to provide highly credible leadership to development teams.
- Be able to evaluate project risks, assumptions, dependencies, and issues accurately/objectively.
- Strong experience with one or more programming languages, including but not limited to: C# on .NET Core/.NET, Java, Python, C++
- Good understanding of modern Devops and Testing methodologies such as CI/CD, BDD, TDD etc.
- Good understanding of Security and Information Assurance, such as GDPR, OWASP Top 10, Least Privilege etc.
- Experience in architecting solutions in SaaS based CRM e.g. Salesforce, Dynamics 365, or similar
- Experience in architecting solutions in CMS systems e.g., Sitecore, Contentful or similar
- Experience in architecting eCommerce solutions
- Experience with API Gateways / Managers such as Mulesoft, AWS API Manger, AWS App Sync, Azure API Gateways etc.
- Experience in architecting mobile solutions targeting both Android and iOS
Valtech is more than just a digital agency. Whilst we’ve been transforming our clients’ businesses for over 25 years, we’ve also been working hard to offer transformative job opportunities for our colleagues across the world.
From graduates to seasoned professionals who are experts in their field, Valtech will always be recognised not just for the quality of work we deliver, but for all of the amazing people that make it happen.
We are 3000+ people in nearly 40 offices in 16 countries. We work with some of the world’s best known brands from travel to retail, connected experiences to automotive and we don’t just talk about how to get things done, we really transform by doing.
How we Deliver:
There are some fundamental principles to the way that we deliver. While we are pragmatic in our approach to any specific project, if you don’t share these values we are unlikely to be a good fit for you:
• Cross-functional teams
Agile methods have always emphasised the merit of teams with all the skills necessary to delivery on user’s needs. To work effectively in a multi-disciplinary team it helps to be genuinely interested in the work of those in other roles. We value the flexibility to pick up slack across other areas of capability as well as expertise and specialisation.
We find that diverse groups working together come to better solutions. In user testing this approach builds empathy in the team. In design we collaborate to test ideas and develop alternatives. As a team we work together to improve our approach.
• Continuous learning
This applies to product development as it applies to individuals. Our projects are designed to engage with uncertainty creating opportunities to learn. We use experiments, prototypes and hypotheses to learn about user behaviour, design algorithms and select technologies. Our communities of practice provide a space for us to improve and learn from peers. While as individuals a personal training budget enables opportunity to grow and develop.
• Outcome Focus
When driving our projects, we focus on outcomes. Knowing how a project will be deemed a success by users and customers enables creativity and innovation.