Valtech is looking for a Solution Architect (m/w/d) with specialization in eCommerce. If you can recognize yourself in someone who knows how to implement a technical solution successfully and someone who is responsible and can deliver, then we are looking for you!
What will you be doing?
As Solution Architect (m/w/d) working at Valtech you bridge the gap between business and technology. You interact with stakeholders on all levels of the client organization and are able to translate business challenges and goals into sound and solid technical solutions which bring value to and help support the goals of the client.
Understanding and picking apart business processes behind digital journeys and being able to pinpoint improvements on both process itself as well as supporting technology is key in your daily work. You are able to translate opportunities for improvement, or the necessity of change, into a clear narrative towards the client organization, building support for transformation at sponsor level.
You support client teams in discovery and foundation phases in the search for future proof solutions on any scale within a client project. During, and directly after, foundation you able to translate business into technology on a level detailed enough for agile teams to understand and transform into tangible requirements to kickstart development afterwards.
What do we expect from you?
- Minimum of 10 years of experience in designing and implementing enterprise solutions. And minimum of 5 years experience as a solution architect.
- Background in, or demonstrable feeling with, the digital agency world (think of playing field, biggest contenders and platforms available)
- Demonstrable experience in the fields of: Enterprise Commerce Applications (SAP CX/ Hybris, Commercetools is a plus), Content Management, Integrations and Microservices
- Ability to plan and conduct discovery workshops with customer.
- Active involvement in RFP/RFI and presales activities.
- Experience working with platform-partners / identifying potential new partners in the field of commerce
- Consulting business side client stakeholders on the Enterprise IT strategy with regard to commerce
- Strong business understanding and ability to communicate technical recommendations in business terms
- Strong understanding of Commerce Business Models and -Processes (B2B and B2C)
- Strong knowledge of enterprise level application ecosystems (ERP, OMS, CRM, WMS, etc.). Experience integrating to SAP ERP will be a plus.
- Solid understanding of design patterns.
- Ability to oversee and steer large scale implementations
- Ability to instruct and guide development on a multi-client & multi-team basis
- Ability to operate in complex, multi (C-level) stakeholder environments
- Native or bilingual English (strong communication skills, both oral as written)
What do we offer in return?
- A permanent position in one of the top 7 internet agencies in Germany where you can also work in an international environment.
- At Valtech you are not simply assigned to a supervisor, instead each employee chooses their own team leader.
- An attractive and lucrative compensation package consisting of fixed and variable salary components, whereby the variable component is paid out monthly based on company goals.
- You can expect a highly professional working environment in a friendly team, where team spirit and knowledge transfer are not empty phrases and where flat hierarchies are not just a buzz word.
- In our beautiful, modern and air-conditioned premises you can develop your talents and enjoy good public transport connections.
- Flexible working hours and home office arrangements based on a 40-hour week as well as 30 days of vacation per year.
- With personal development opportunities and our cooperation with the Urban Sports Club, body and soul are both taken care of. In addition, there is daily fresh fruit and free soft drinks as well as coffee and tea as much as you want.
- After passing the probationary period you have the possibility to get a job bike.
- At summer parties, team events and Christmas parties you can experience how sociable we are offline.
- We pay you a company contribution to your pension plan.
- There is no dress code. Everyone comes to work dressed as he or she feels comfortable.
- We offer many training opportunities, which you can take advantage of through our Valtech Academy or via external trainings or conferences.