Valtech is a multi-award winning digital agency with 3000 talented people in 45 beautiful offices across 16 countries. We work with some of the world’s best known brands, from airlines and travel companies, to the leading retailers, luxury brands and automotive and B2B companies. We also have a lasting legacy with the UK Government built over 25 years of transforming the user experience to improve lives. So, whether you are renewing a Blue Badge, booking your next holiday or ordering your Friday night takeaway, we are at the heart of it.
We transform our clients’ businesses and offer transformative job opportunities for those who join us. We transform by doing across commerce, connected experiences, digital platforms, marketing and more.
We are founding member of the MACH Alliance, whose goal it is to help enterprise organizations navigate the complex modern technology landscape. We aim to guide and show how businesses can benefit from open tech ecosystems that are Microservices based, API-first, Cloud-native SaaS and Headless.
We are looking for an experienced solutions architect to become a key member of our team working across various projects within the UK and on global opportunities. You will engage with clients across various industries to drive technical strategy, own architectural design and subsequent product delivery through to success.
During discovery and foundation phases of a project you will play a leading role in translating business needs into a technical strategy and be able to articulate this vision to delivery teams and client stakeholders. The role will also involve working with our sales team where you will interact with all levels of client organisations, run technical workshops, and contribute technical excellence and strategy to sales activities.
You will be primarily hands-off, however we are looking for someone who is flexible and happy to be hands on when needed to lead day to day development activities.
The role will also involve other leadership opportunities, primarily in taking initiative to help drive capability and new thinking into UK teams.
We are looking for someone with a maker mentality, who wants to join a company full of diverse, intelligent and talented people. Someone who wants to shake things up and fill their days with problem solving, innovation and phenomenal client projects. Someone who is ready to do the best work of their life…. things they are really and genuinely proud of, with opportunities to travel far and wide, learn every day and to really and truly meet their potential.
If you have something to say drawn from your previous experience, or if you have something you can teach us – we are particularly keen to hear from you.
- Engaging with client stakeholders to evaluate business requirements and design solutions to solve those business needs.
- Owning the complete solution and actively leading the technical vision.
- Running workshops and being actively involved in pre-sales activities to help shape an RFP or going to sales pitches to represent technical expertise and capability.
- Be a strong communicator. Be able to articulate technical design and strategy to both technical and non-technical stakeholders.
- Manage client expectations from project initiation to delivery.
- Experience leading teams in day-to-day operations.
- Define and own software architecture standards and principles.
- Good understanding of agile methodologies and ways of working.
- Strong knowledge of enterprise level application architectures.
- Experience architecting solutions and creating architectural artefacts.
- Good understanding of Cloud computing including containerisation. Ideally within open tech ecosystems that are Microservices based, API-first, Cloud-native SaaS and Headless.