You and Valtech
In January 2022, Absolunet joined Valtech, a global digital transformation company. We are creating a Commerce-focused business unit in North America.
What this means for you: you’ll be joining the people-first culture that Absolunet built over the past 22 years and that closely resembles Valtech’s culture.
You’ll also have access to a global network of forward-thinking digital practitioners, exciting client projects and the ability to work from home or any of the 50 Valtech global offices.
The Solution Architect is required to support the delivery teams during the general design of their solutions, in order to deliver innovative eCommerce projects that meet Valtech's technological standards.
- Ensure that all stakeholders respect the technological limits of the tools required to implement the solution.
- Write the technical acceptance criteria for the Architecture and functionalities requested by the client;
- Develop the Architecture of new features and updates in agreement with the practice director;
- Ensure that all the elements of the solution have been correctly addressed by the front-line teams, both upstream by the product managers and by the development teams.
- Analyze different customer systems and work with teams on the strategic direction of integrating our solutions to them.
- Support the teams in the implementation of technological solutions in line with customer requests (choice of platforms, technical architecture, complementary solutions, hosting, etc.).
- Ensure, in the context of multi-team projects, that the various solutions reciprocally carried out by these teams are part of a coherent framework.
- Demonstrate the added value and business benefits of solutions offered to clients and advise clients on their technological choices.
- Support the sales force and account managers, by defining technological solutions in line with customer requests (choice of platforms, technical architecture, complementary solutions, hosting, budget evaluation, etc.);
- Demonstrate initiative in the continuous improvement of project delivery processes in collaboration with stakeholders;
- Bachelor degree in computer science or the equivalent
- You have a minimum of 8 years of experience in development (web and/or application) and/or in the concepts of deployment and development lifecycle management;
- You express yourself easily in French and English - both to communicate with clients and with your future colleagues
- You are a master of Web technologies and concepts such as PHP, SQL, GraphQL, Rest, React.JS, GIT
- You know Magento well (strong asset)
- You are aware of trends in the eCom industry and web technologies, all languages included;
- Valtech_Absolunet is lucky to collaborate with amazing organizations (local to global). If you want to learn and grow as an eCommerce specialist, this is the place for you.
Flexible schedule, with a 37.5 hour work week.
- Flexible paid time off policy.
- The possibility to work remotely and $500 to outfit your home office when you first start.
- The possibility to work from wherever you want (subject to approval).
- Life, medical and dental insurance with 24/7 access to counseling and telemedicine & an employee assistance program (EAP).
- Company contribution to your retirement savings.
- A community of supportive people (from your day-to-day colleagues to the company owners).
- Offices all across the globe including in Montreal and in Sainte-Thérèse, on the northshore of Montreal.
- A strong corporate culture where the values Share, Dare and Care are a part of the company’s DNA.