Valtech is a global digital agency where experiences are engineered
We take the complicated and make it simple. We support our clients in the research, design and marketing of smart digital experiences and interfaces. We develop innovative products.
We’re passionate about digital and we live in the possibilities of the future. We thrive on agility and on constant concern for the end user’s experience.
The Senior Business Analyst is responsible for working with Clients and Valtech Project Teams to drive the project vision, objectives and take ultimate ownership for delivering impactful Ecommerce solutions with the project team.
The BA works and negotiates directly with the client stakeholders to analyze and transform business objectives into a backlog of prioritized user stories based on market data, internal needs and business value. He/she then guides and supports one or more cross-functional project teams by owning the vision for a release, deciding the priority and details of features to build, accepting features after implementation, and accepting the release.
The BA must have experience in delivering web-based solutions of varying complexity, and must deeply understand the nuances of complex technical, user experience-driven Ecommerce web projects within an iterative context. The BA must have a knowledge of data and content modeling.
Key Accountabilities :
- Be passionate and knowledgeable about our products and the possibilities in our market; specifically around:
- Ecommerce platforms
- The online shopping experience, from cart to checkout
- User experience and customer experience management
- Marketing optimization and automation
- Generate ideas for how our solutions can make our customers more successful.
- The Business Analyst must have a knowledge of data and content modeling in a web context.
- Collaborate deeply with the Scrum Master/Project Manager to continually manage scope, budget and expectations. Maintaining an intimate knowledge of the budget/scope burndown and its impact on release expectations is mandatory.
- Works closely with the technical lead to define work for the developers via acceptance criteria on the user stories
- Work with the client and project team to formulate a release vision and high-level epics
- Constantly manage client expectations on release scope
- Present and justify a product release to the project stakeholders.
- Participate in project process including Release Planning, Sprint Planning, Backlog Grooming, Daily Scrum, and Sprint Review.
- Work with customers and stakeholders to understand their needs and manage expectations.
- Define and prioritize a backlog of work. Maintain a well-groomed product backlog at all times.
- Be the customer's voice and provide perspective on business value on a day-to-day basis.
- Continuously evaluate and prioritize user stories based on market data and business needs.
- Write user stories and acceptance criteria.
- Must have experience having delivered implementations meeting typical web project success factors, including improved SEO, improved conversion and engagement, improved publishing workflow and internal visibility of ROI.
- Experience delivering an ecommerce project a plus
- Prefers working in a highly collaborative environment.
- Highly developed organization and time management skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and client-handling skills.
- Ability to contribute towards a team effort.
- Ability to work with ambiguity.
- Initiative and self-confidence, adaptable and able to cope with changing and evolving priorities while being able to identify new opportunities.
- Excellent presentation skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Understanding of Agile methodologies (preferably Scrum) and knowledge of the full project lifecycle.
- 3+ years working on software projects following Agile methodologies
- Nice to have experience working with major commerce platforms such as Salesforce Commerce Cloud, Sitecore Commerce, or Episerver
Here’s what it’s like to work for us:
We’re advisors, visionaries, creative and techies…with an agency mindset. We believe in working together, and that the best results come when we pool our knowledge and brainstorm the right solution for our customers.
We embrace all things digital.
Our ambition is to become a global leader in the digital space. No more, no less. Our customers look to us to help them succeed in the digital landscape. We deliver work that makes them the leaders in their industries, based on a thorough understanding of their business and a close collaboration with their employees.
We talk to each other.
We work in an open environment, with business developers, web technologists, strategists and creatives sitting side-by-side, pooling their collective wisdom in order to come up with the best solution for our clients.
We have fun.
We don’t believe in boredom. We do work hard, and we put in the hours we need to get the job done, but we also have a vibrant, dynamic atmosphere with passionate colleagues who enjoy what they do.
We love our clients.
Seriously! They are the reason why we are here. And why wouldn’t we? We are working with some of the biggest and most interesting brands in the world, along with a lot of other companies that all have great ambition to succeed in the digital space.
We’re looking ahead.
We are driven by a visionary mindset, and that means there is plenty of room for initiative and for talented people to shape who we are tomorrow.
Up for the challenge?
Then we will be more than happy to hear from you. We have on-going interviews so send your application as soon as possible via the apply button.
- Some travel is required as part of this position.
- We offer a chance to work with an amazing team, global clients, competitive salary, medical and dental benefits, life and disability insurance, as well as work from home options.
We offer work from home options, great learning opportunities, and a collaborative team environment. If you are interested to join a growing company and have the skills we seek please apply today!
We welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
*** We do not accept unsolicited candidate profiles from recruiting firms***