Valtech is a global digital agency where experiences are engineered
We take the complicated and make it simple. We support our clients in the research, design and marketing of smart digital experiences and interfaces. We develop innovative products.
We’re passionate about digital and we live in the possibilities of the future. We thrive on agility and on constant concern for the end user’s experience.
As an Ecommerce Sr. Developer you will be an active member on client project teams playing a hands-on role in producing client solutions. You will be encouraged to continue to develop your skills, share your knowledge with team members and peers and effectively lead a development stream on a project.
A successful Ecommerce Sr. Developer is highly adaptable, shows strong initiative, is able to work independently, has a driving desire to grow professionally towards specific goals, and is energized by working in a team environment. This position requires a focus on writing great code and a strong understanding of the project lifecycle and software development lifecycle. You must be a self-motivated individual and take pride in delivering high quality work within a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
- Working closely with our project managers, business analysts, QA teams and solution architects to own and deliver the high quality and high performing Ecommerce solution on time and on budget to our clients
- Working with the Solution Architect, define highly detailed specifications for the technical solution
- Setup the project development environment at the commencement of the project
- Enforce development best practices within the team
- Code reviews with the development team
- Supervise, mentor and coach developers
- Work independently with the client technical lead
- Prepare and execute demos and training sessions on the technical solution
- Write technical documentation for the delivered solution
- Provide effort estimates on work packages
- Production deployments
- Advise on the technical solution, while owning the implementation
- 4 or more years of web application development experience
- Experience with the successful delivery of several Ecommerce projects
- Working experience with a leading Ecommerce platform(s) including but not limited to:
- Salesforce Commerce Cloud
- Sitecore Commerce
- Episerver Commerce
- SAP Hybris Commerce
- Experience integrating with third party services
- Experience designing and building business and data layers and functional libraries
- Experience with creating and consuming web services
- Understanding of object-oriented design and development
- Knowledge of agile principles - scrum, backlog, etc.
- University degree/college diploma in Computer Science or related major
- Knowledge of ALM tools (Jira, TeamCity, TFS, Git, etc.)
- Agency Experience is a plus!
Here’s what it’s like to work for us:
We’re advisors, visionaries, creative and techies…with an agency mindset. We believe in working together, and that the best results come when we pool our knowledge and brainstorm the right solution for our customers.
We embrace all things digital.
Our ambition is to become a global leader in the digital space. No more, no less. Our customers look to us to help them succeed in the digital landscape. We deliver work that makes them the leaders in their industries, based on a thorough understanding of their business and a close collaboration with their employees.
We talk to each other.
We work in an open environment, with business developers, web technologists, strategists and creatives sitting side-by-side, pooling their collective wisdom in order to come up with the best solution for our clients.
We have fun.
We don’t believe in boredom. We do work hard, and we put in the hours we need to get the job done, but we also have a vibrant, dynamic atmosphere with passionate colleagues who enjoy what they do.
We love our clients.
Seriously! They are the reason why we are here. And why wouldn’t we? We are working with some of the biggest and most interesting brands in the world, along with a lot of other companies that all have great ambition to succeed in the digital space.
We’re looking ahead.
We are driven by a visionary mindset, and that means there is plenty of room for initiative and for talented people to shape who we are tomorrow.
Up for the challenge?
Then we will be more than happy to hear from you. We have on-going interviews so send your application as soon as possible via the apply button.
We offer work from home options, great learning opportunities, and a collaborative team environment. If you are interested to join a growing company and have the skills we seek please apply today!
We welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
*** We do not accept unsolicited candidate profiles from recruiting firms***