Valtech is a digital consulting and delivery group building solutions for the economy of experience with 2,000 employees across 45 offices worldwide. In North America, we have offices in New York, Dallas, Chicago, Toronto, Montreal, and San Diego. We’re looking ahead. We are driven by a visionary mindset, and that means there is plenty of room for initiative and for talented people to shape who we are tomorrow. Valtech helps clients orchestrate experiences, integrate them into existing ecosystems and then evolve them, adapting to rapidly changing digital landscapes, making it intuitive for users to consume products and services in whatever way they want. We are a new breed of digital agency uniquely designed to help business leaders succeed in the 21st-century experience economy.
Seeking a Sr. Full-Stack Software Engineer to be an active member of our Connected Experiences team. You will contribute towards the success of our clients in implementing technology disruption inside their organizations primarily in a business-to-consumer context. You will develop leading-edge interactive experiences for our clients’ guests. You will explore technology solutions, develop prototypes and then implement production solutions in coordination with both internal, client and partner teams. You will be encouraged to continue to develop your skills, share your knowledge with team members and peers and encourage others to also be their best.
A successful Sr. Full-Stack Engineer is a sharp developer, engineer, highly adaptable, curious about new technologies, shows strong initiative, is able to work independently, has a driving desire to grow professionally, and is energized by working in a team environment. This position requires a focus on end-user experiences, client-facing skills and a strong understanding of the project lifecycle. You must be a self-motivated individual and take pride in delivering high-quality work within a fast-paced, dynamic environment while still ensuring end-users have fun!
The Connected Experiences team is focused on imagining and implementing experiences where end-users interact with technology in innovative new ways sometimes not resembling technology at all. The team owns ideation, architecture, development, and installation of Connected Experiences in collaboration with our client partners.
- Provide effort estimates and solution approaches for customer needs, sometimes from a quick “sales” point of view. Helps position solutions and options to client business stakeholders
- Participates in technical discoveries with clients and internal stakeholders
- Leads development processes, solution design and build implementation towards the on-budget, on-time, high-quality delivery of client projects
- Contributes to and executes processes and practices towards delivery excellence, team happiness & client satisfaction.
- Researches new technology, seeks vendors and resources that alight with the client’s technical strategies
- Identifies ways to increase peer and client-staff knowledge and skills to support future growth both at the agency and client levels
- Participates in the creation of prototypes and proofs-of-concept to quickly learn-validate-iterate
- Client-facing experience, consultative role (agency or business consulting)
- Experience developing applications with a focus on business systems, messaging platforms, databases, etc.
- Strong experience with SaaS and cloud-based enterprise solutions
- Excellent presentation and communication skills
- Experience with requirements gathering, technical and non-technical documentation
- Application lifecycle management/ Dev Ops
- Architecting source control, continuous delivery, continuous integration, and deployment management for our projects and for clients
- Knowledge of ALM tools (Jira, TeamCity, TFS, Git, etc.)
- Knowledge of agile principles – scrum, backlog, etc.
- Self-directed, dynamic and excellent problem-solving skills
- Ability to learn from all projects, both successes, and failures, while retaining a positive attitude towards learning from past mistakes
- Proven expertise in full-stack development (Web UX/UI, REST APIs, Backend, DB modeling, CI/CD and Deployment automation)
- Experience with automated testing for both backend and frontend
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, systems management, other engineering discipline or equivalent field experience
- 7+ Years of industry experience
- Full-stack development experience (REST APIs Backend, DB modeling, CI/CD and Deployment automation, Web UX/UI, HTML/CSS)
- Expertise with React for Web UI and the typical tools (like Webpack, etc.)
- Ability to design and develop highly reliable, fault-tolerant systems
- Well versed in Automated Testing and Unit Testing
- Experience with cloud infrastructure providers (examples: AWS, Azure, Google Cloud)
- Familiarity with Agile development methodologies
- Experience using virtualization technologies for development and production
- Experience with infrastructure as code
Skills we consider a plus:
- Experience with React Native, Chef, Ansible, RabbitMQ, MongoDB, ExpressJS, Cloud CI/CD, Elasticsearch, Kibana, Logstash
- Background in Test-Driven Design