Valtech San Diego is looking for a Senior Interactive Engineer to join our tight-knit and collaborative team. Part of Valtech’s Connected Experiences group, the San Diego office creates award-winning and imaginative work for retail, theme parks and events. We’re looking for a design-inspired developer to expand our creative dev team and contribute to our friendly and motivated environment.
Our ideal candidate is comfortable operating at the intersection of design and programming, with an emphasis on crafting robust software. You are excited about creating content-driven interactive experiences, data visualizations and expressing visual ideas and concepts in code.
You feel equally at-home participating in brainstorming sessions or mulling over a software architecture diagram. Most of all, you're enthusiastic about working in a team and can’t wait to bring your skills and ideas to the table.
Our office strongly values the following traits: openness, curiosity, optimism, a tendency toward learning through doing, and experimentation. We want people who can approach problems from new angles, handle surprises, learn quickly, and excel in any position.
- 3+ years of experience programming in a professional setting
- Experience working on interactive projects from design to deployment
- Excellent communication skills
- Excitement to work with others
- Passionate about good software development practices
You have fluency in one or more creative coding frameworks at the expert level, including:
- Three.js / WebGL
- Unreal Engine
Bonus if you have other related skills:
- 3D modeling or CAD experience (Cinema 4D, Maya, Grasshopper)
- Experience working with REST APIs
- Experience working with sensors and other hardware
- Adobe suite
- Applicable skills of your choice!